XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2019 08:27:55

All times are UTC + 2 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: STock standard transmitter, receiver qand steering servo?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 19:32:47 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2011 19:19:24
Posts: 5
[b]Hey there people i want you opinions!
Im Thinking about buying a xray m18 and is wondering if i could use any transmitter receiver qand steering servo?
Or GIve me a Cheap fast setup!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: STock standard transmitter, receiver qand steering servo
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:49:07 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 08:22:54
Posts: 897
Location: Holland
The stock setup will do. The servo is the same as most used Hitec HS81mg and the transmitter is just a standard 27MHz which will work for most people. Within these days you can find cheap 2.4GHz transmitters with even more advanced settings.

There are faster servo's like the Hitec HS5084mg which will give a faster respons on steering but only noticeable on tight tracks.

The stock powerpack ESC is made for the use of a 180 motor what will limit you on the use of the faster 300 motors but you can also go for the 300 version or other Micro sized ESC's or forget is an go for a Mamba-25 brushless setup with an 8000kv motor to go extreme fast.

The standard Xray battery will do but also these days you can find 1600/1700mAh packs with much better specs or just go with LiPo.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: STock standard transmitter, receiver qand steering servo
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:59:55 
Offline
moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2005 01:02:57
Posts: 915
Location: Washington (State), United States
Are you speaking about stock servos that come in Radio packages? No. Those are meant for full scale vehicles. If you buy a new radio package locally, you sometimes can work a deal out with your local hobby shop to exchange those for credit toward a servo size you need (as Roelof suggests above). As far as receivers, stock ones in radio packages are usually larger, however, they can for the most part be put on top of the servo.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: STock standard transmitter, receiver qand steering servo
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 19:48:32 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2011 19:19:24
Posts: 5
Thank you!
Roelof wrote:
The stock setup will do. The servo is the same as most used Hitec HS81mg and the transmitter is just a standard 27MHz which will work for most people. Within these days you can find cheap 2.4GHz transmitters with even more advanced settings.

There are faster servo's like the Hitec HS5084mg which will give a faster respons on steering but only noticeable on tight tracks.

The stock powerpack ESC is made for the use of a 180 motor what will limit you on the use of the faster 300 motors but you can also go for the 300 version or other Micro sized ESC's or forget is an go for a Mamba-25 brushless setup with an 8000kv motor to go extreme fast.

The standard Xray battery will do but also these days you can find 1600/1700mAh packs with much better specs or just go with LiPo.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: STock standard transmitter, receiver qand steering servo
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 19:49:37 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2011 19:19:24
Posts: 5
I meant, Can you use any Radio control For the Car? like I have two spare controls can i use that 1 with the car?
Mini_Me wrote:
Are you speaking about stock servos that come in Radio packages? No. Those are meant for full scale vehicles. If you buy a new radio package locally, you sometimes can work a deal out with your local hobby shop to exchange those for credit toward a servo size you need (as Roelof suggests above). As far as receivers, stock ones in radio packages are usually larger, however, they can for the most part be put on top of the servo.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: STock standard transmitter, receiver qand steering servo
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 19:59:27 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2011 19:19:24
Posts: 5
Also where can i get the Mamba-25 brushless setup with an 8000kv motor ?
Roelof wrote:
The stock setup will do. The servo is the same as most used Hitec HS81mg and the transmitter is just a standard 27MHz which will work for most people. Within these days you can find cheap 2.4GHz transmitters with even more advanced settings.

There are faster servo's like the Hitec HS5084mg which will give a faster respons on steering but only noticeable on tight tracks.

The stock powerpack ESC is made for the use of a 180 motor what will limit you on the use of the faster 300 motors but you can also go for the 300 version or other Micro sized ESC's or forget is an go for a Mamba-25 brushless setup with an 8000kv motor to go extreme fast.

The standard Xray battery will do but also these days you can find 1600/1700mAh packs with much better specs or just go with LiPo.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: STock standard transmitter, receiver qand steering servo
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:35:04 
Offline
moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2005 01:02:57
Posts: 915
Location: Washington (State), United States
Sorry then misunderstood. Yes, as Roelof said.

Per your mamba request. Have you checked with your local hobby shop about ordering one? Also, a 8000kv is a handful. I don't know your intended purpose, but you might want to start with something milder like 5400kv.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: STock standard transmitter, receiver qand steering servo
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:24:58 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2011 19:19:24
Posts: 5
No i havent gone to my local hobby shop, but ill go talk to them. Thanks for the REplys guys! :)
Mini_Me wrote:
Sorry then misunderstood. Yes, as Roelof said.

Per your mamba request. Have you checked with your local hobby shop about ordering one? Also, a 8000kv is a handful. I don't know your intended purpose, but you might want to start with something milder like 5400kv.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: STock standard transmitter, receiver qand steering servo
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 21:19:00 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 08:22:54
Posts: 897
Location: Holland
I think with the use of google you will get far to find some products, for sure with the mentioned products.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 2 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group