XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 16:39:12

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 17:06:49 

Sander_32 wrote:
what's the top speed of the xray out of the box

The M18 is a kit only. You need to purchase the electronics separately therefore the speed depends on the electronics used. If you want run for fun only the stock motor will be good enough for you. If you are concerned about speed only, there are different brushless systems available for M18 which make the car faster than a regular touring car. Check with your hobby shop what they can get for you.

Post subject: straight line
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 18:35:11 

Mr. mario hudy

Just bought a new kit and feel dissapointed cant get the car go straight..checked the trim of the servo......

It could be that if it trim the servo at the center.......and maybe the servo doesnt go back to where it should go?

it goes like a full steering to one side

I assembled many times....looked at the manual 10 times........i see no reason

You are the only man could help me...........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 14:58:47 

being new to M18 XRAY, my local hobby shop told me that I should not buy or use the power pack,( that comes with speedo,Batterey, & sevo). So now I have to purchase everything extra just to be competitive. On average 30/35 racers at his track during the winter months, and everyone has had to stay away from the M18 POWER PACK. Can you please explain why? All racers use the stock motor only. :idea:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 20:33:31 

There were (still are ?) some problems with the ESC and battery. Many bad battery packs and the ESC's went up in smoke or during racing need to be resetted.

Beside that, if te rules say a 6 cell batterypack or a 2 cell Lipo is legal than that is the better choice. Thinking further when getting "the need for speed" it is wise to get a better ESC which can stand the 300 motor...

But when racing on 5 cells with stock motor the powerpack could be OK but (sorry to say) for that money you can make a GP1100 batterypack, get an ABC 180 motor (the fastest real stock 180 there is) and a very small Schulze ESC.

Post subject: For Mr.Hudy
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 19:13:14 

Have you ever thought about making different spring rates for the M18? A choice of about four to six different springs would be great. How would one go about getting Xray banners for race tracks? The store I manage has a 25' x 65' indoor crc carpet track. Then we also run outdoors in a parking lot. WE have sold alot of 05's and lots of M18's. I have my nitro M18 on order. Thanks for taking the time to read and respond to my questions!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 18:59:38 

abdule - the latest Power Pack are all good and you do not need to worry to get it.

Post subject: Re: For Mr.Hudy
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 19:00:11 

tunnelhead wrote:
Have you ever thought about making different spring rates for the M18? A choice of about four to six different springs would be great. How would one go about getting Xray banners for race tracks? The store I manage has a 25' x 65' indoor crc carpet track. Then we also run outdoors in a parking lot. WE have sold alot of 05's and lots of M18's. I have my nitro M18 on order. Thanks for taking the time to read and respond to my questions!

Please update your profile so we know where you from to give you contact on local distributor who will provide you all the necessary support.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 19:58:52 

Will the M18T diff caese work on the M18? I am looking to use sway bars on my M18. Would like to use Xray parts as much as possible. since I like the fit and finish so much of the Xray parts. Thanks again!! Cant wait for my Nitro M18!!!

Post subject: Spring rates
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 06:28:45 

Will there ever be different spring rates for the M18? We sure could use some higher quality springs then Atomics. Four to six different ones would be nice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 17:31:31 

mario wrote:
...there are different brushless systems available for M18 which make the car faster than a regular touring car.

I am thinking of getting the power pack pro, I already have the standard power pack but I want the better motor/ESC etc. It comes with this motor and I was wondering if this is a fast motor or not? Is it much faster than the micro motor that comes with the standard power pack or not really worth it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 06:52:41 

Yes, its much faster. I forget if the power pack pro comes with the aluminum motor mount or not. If not, you will need that to run it, and I would suggest the optional 42tooth spur as you need a higher gear ratio with this motor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:12:42 

No, it doesnt come with the motor mount. But, I am hoping to get the graphite conversion kit which has the mount, and a person at my club who races the M18 said you need the stronger chassis when using this more powerful motor. Christmas is coming, hopefully santa will bring me the power pack and conversion kit. lol. :D

Post subject: Xray ESC problems????
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 07:23:11 

Mr Hudy, I am in need of your help.
I recently purchased the M18T from the gentleman who won it at the recent International Indoor Carpet Championships in Vegas. Who every assembled it from rc america or Xray did a awsome job. Handles awsome and drives straight as an arrow. Here is my problem. It has The Xray Power pack. 300 motor ESC Airtronics Blazer controler and reciever. AM radio. If you turn the rx on before the tx, you sit the car down to go. The throttle controls are reversed. To reset you shut it down and turn it on the proper way. But sometimes when I am running it it comes to a stop then wont go. Few seconds go by. Then the throttle controls are reversed. Then I have to shut it down and then turn it on again. What gives? I would hate to have to scrap this setup for Novak Spy and Spektrum so I would use my M11. Thanks again for your help!

Post subject: Re: Xray ESC problems????
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 23:25:22 

tunnelhead wrote:
Mr Hudy, I am in need of your help.
I recently purchased the M18T from the gentleman who won it at the recent International Indoor Carpet Championships in Vegas. Who every assembled it from rc america or Xray did a awsome job. Handles awsome and drives straight as an arrow. Here is my problem. It has The Xray Power pack. 300 motor ESC Airtronics Blazer controler and reciever. AM radio. If you turn the rx on before the tx, you sit the car down to go. The throttle controls are reversed. To reset you shut it down and turn it on the proper way. But sometimes when I am running it it comes to a stop then wont go. Few seconds go by. Then the throttle controls are reversed. Then I have to shut it down and then turn it on again. What gives? I would hate to have to scrap this setup for Novak Spy and Spektrum so I would use my M11. Thanks again for your help!

I answered in the other thread.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 21:10:51 

thanks wasent sure if you would read it int he other area thanks again!@

Post subject: springs?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 07:41:08 

I have asked you in the past about a selection of springs for the M18 sedan. Has there been ay progress? It sure would be nice to have four or five different spring rates and maybe lowering springs. What is availble dosent have the Xray quality. See you at the 2006 IIC Vegas race in September. What about a 1/10 scale oval pan car. I sure would like to make my stable of cars all Xray. Are you sure we shouldnt be calling you Doctor Mario Hudy? Thanks again for all you help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 20:04:50 

tunnelhead wrote:
Will the M18T diff caese work on the M18?

I don't think this was addressed, but anyways...

No, the M18T diff cases will not work on the M18 because the screw pattern to attach to the chassis is different...

The M18 uses a square pattern while the M18T uses a diamond pattern

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 14:55:11 

Mr Hudy
I'm looking for the special edition xra 380001 m 18 sedan.
is this car still available? I'v sent a couple of emails to RC America and have not received a reply.
Thanks, KingsKID :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 17:13:26 

received a reply and their not available, BUMMER :cry: Anyone gotta used one FS?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 07:34:17 

Hi, I am thinking on buying a M18. I just wanted to know how well they hold up with a Brushless motor in them? I have a Mini-T with a 8000 motor in it and it halls ass. I just can not keep the front wheels on the ground. I want to go with a 4 wheel drive onroad car and put the motor from my Mini-T in it. I just don't want to be fixing it all the time. Anyone have a thought on this matter.

Thank You :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next