XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Fri Aug 23, 2019 17:54:09

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 02:01:58 

8) DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHEN THE 6 CELL BATTERY HOLDER WILL BE OUT??????????????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 16:18:38 

He says what we all think.
His technical analisys are precise and accurate.
He found some design flaws in the M18MT, described them very well, suggesting some workarounds too.
He is asking for optional parts which were promised months ago and never come.
He is saying he is losing its patience when we all lost ours.
It is time to follow his example and ask for attention from XRAY.
Lets send them mails, lets go on writing in the forum, it is our battle,
the battle for the improvement of our truck, the one were we have just spent so much money for !

My heros Beavis & ButtHead would say Cam..........th kicks ass !

Bye
Filippo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 04:18:44 

Before I post again, which will be soon, I would like to apologize to Juraj for mispelling his name in my most recent post on this thread. please accept my apology Juraj, I meant no disrespect. I hold you and your accomlishments in the highest regard imaginable - I hope you can understand.
Regards,
Cambridgenorth

PS - Filippo, Thanks for your support regarding our concerns.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 14:37:34 

bigb wrote:
8) DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHEN THE 6 CELL BATTERY HOLDER WILL BE OUT??????????????

They are out and www.teamhelotes.com has them in stock.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 18:17:39 

List of all new options will be posted during next week. Thanks for patience.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 19:49:43 

Check the M18T review in Xtreme RC

Nice body. I mean the M18T body of course.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 15:58:30 

The week is reaching its end and there is nothing new.
I will post the same message everyday till Mario doen't keep his promise.

Bye
Filippo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 18:22:19 

I just got my 6 cell inline battery holder, what a disappointment. I paid $10.00 for peice of plastic. one peice of plastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 04:11:41 

bigb wrote:
I just got my 6 cell inline battery holder, what a disappointment. I paid $10.00 for peice of plastic. one peice of plastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Perhaps, but it's a very, very, nice piece of plastic. I dig the Xray quality!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 05:54:44 

One more day to go Mario to get the new option parts listed- unless you work weekends - then you have until Sunday.

The price on the 6 cell battery hold-down is without a doubt gouging to take advantage of an initial design flaw and the overwhelming response from M18T owners for the need for this component. Something X-ray certainly realized when they introduced the grapite chassis conversion kit.
Team Helotes sells the complete composite battery hold-down set for $7.50, for the original 5 cell configuration, which includes the battery bar, 2 posts and screws. How can the single plastic hold-down cost $10.00 or more???

X-ray is taking advantage - shame, shame, shame. This part should be no more than $3.50 IMOH.

Hopefully the other option parts that we have been requesting will NOT be priced by X-ray to "gouge" and take advantage of a demand to compensate for their design flaws.

Regards, Cambridgenorth

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 06:55:17 

The 5 cell holder is the same model that has been in heavy production since the original release of the M18. Higher production runs and a longer life of the program means that the mold costs can be ammortized over a much larger number of pieces...

The 6 cell holder is a new production piece requiring new tooling, and is being produced in much smaller quantities than the previously mentioned components.

This is based solely on my exposure to production...not on any information provided by Xray.

I have yet to install the holder that came with my graphite chassis conversion. My 6 cell shotgun pack is working perfectly, so I haven't felt the urge to swap it out just yet

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 13:48:26 

I too aquired the new hold down with a grahite upgrade. However, I wish I could find the alu swing shafts! Back ordered for weeks and weeks.

I have a Tekin brushless system to pop in, but I don't dare do that with those flimsy plastic shafts.

I've owned four, maybe five Xray vehicles, mostly 10th scale sedans, and the quality is unparalleled - nobody does it better than Xray. But dang, getting parts is STILL a nightmare.

Good position to be in I suppose - can't make parts fast enough for those willing to pay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 14:47:42 

I know that this will sound like a broken record as it gets posted very often on here but....

If you fill out the location area of your user profile it will help us better direct you to where you can find the parts you are looking for. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 15:19:10 

Time is running Mario and we still cannot see the promised list of new options.
It would be cool if somebody would produce them one day before XRAY,
stealing the entire market which is tired of waiting.

Bye
Filippo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 15:21:06 

ChrisP wrote:
I know that this will sound like a broken record as it gets posted very often on here but....

If you fill out the location area of your user profile it will help us better direct you to where you can find the parts you are looking for. :wink:

I know very well how to find dealers in my area and those online. My local hobby shop is an authorized Xray dealer and cannot get the alu swing shafts - it's that simple, they are on back order. They've just got a shipment and received most parts, but not the alu swing shafts. I'm good friends with the owner and I know he's doing what he can to get the parts - they are simply of short supply. I think he's on the phone with RC America daily.

I appreciate your comment, but don't make it sound like that if you call "the right place," the parts flow in. That is simply not the case. The fact is, the parts aren't there, period.

Like I said before, I've been an Xray owner for years now and have come to expect this, it's part of the deal. I knew it when I purchased this little truck just like I knew it when I purchased my many 1/10 sedans.

I'm not upset, I just accept it, but don't tell me otherwise. History is repeating itself and a "wink" to you too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 17:09:22 

There are shops that DO have them still on the wall, howver, I do fully respect the desire to support your local shop. That is a sentiment that is always encouraged.

I can understand the frustration as the growth of the US market seems to be consuming parts as soon as they are supplied.

Without knowing your location or background information, it is difficult to provide you with the information that you're looking for....that was the basis of my reply.

Xray is continually producing, packaging and shipping components to fill their incoming orders. With the high demand already in place for the M18T, and the pending release of the NT18T, demand for this part will increase yet again. As such I can assure you that Xray will be working hard to ensure timely delivery of this sought after component.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 06:51:43 

Once again a let down.
Option parts promised this week - nothing delivered.
Forget the nonsense posted about Xray doing their best to produce parts and filling order, and dealers having parts on the wall.

The parts we have been after and have been promised have not been in the distribution channels anywhere be it RC America or Canwest in Canada - and they are certaily NOT on the wall with any dealers since they haven't been produced or shipped.

Please don't confuse our frustration with Xray. We are all 100 percent behind the product they have created but are getting extremely frustrated with broken promises on delivery of the parts to make their products the best. And in some cases to fix original deisgn flaws.

Come on Mario, Brano and Juraj - get your Sh** together.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 09:15:35 

I'm going to toss the towel with XRAY.
Mario, not I, promised a list of options for last week and as we all knew nothing arrived.
Perhaps we can ask some other option manufacturer to produce the parts we need.

Bye
Filippo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 05:10:53 

the parts are up on the options. I love all of them.

is the metal spur and adapter to answer for "dusty conditions"? or are there other parts in the making?

also are the black springs for the NT harder then stock M18t

All looks great. are there any prices released yet? or have I not looked hard enough for them?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 13:14:30 

Quote:
is the metal spur and adapter to answer for "dusty conditions"?

Yes, along with the nickel plated pivot balls.

Pricing will depend on your local shop or distributor.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next