XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Mon Aug 19, 2019 14:20:52

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 14:00:49 

Finally we can see the shape of things to come.
I'm looking forward to the day they will be available on e-shops.

Bye
Filippo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 19:29:02 

scmicromike wrote:
the parts are up on the options. I love all of them.

is the metal spur and adapter to answer for "dusty conditions"? or are there other parts in the making?

also are the black springs for the NT harder then stock M18t

All looks great. are there any prices released yet? or have I not looked hard enough for them?

Yes. The metal spur gear will allow you to run in dirty and dusty conditions with no troubles (Large scale buggies have been using non-covered spur gear/clutch bell since ever with no troubles). You will need though a steel pinion gear too (XRAY has been working on Authentic line of steel spur gears for Micro cars). I would also strongly suggest to get the nickel coated pivot balls which will allow you to keep the free working suspension in the dusty conditions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 22:13:12 

Looks good Mario. What metal pinion gears work? I know there has been words that the pitch of the gears of other pinions wont work, is the pitch standard 48 from touring?

Will the HPI metal pinions work? I know that they are another brand and believe me I want the xray ones when they are released, but will these work from the HPI Micro?

thanks Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 00:08:49 

Mario, we need a adjustable turnbuckle to be make steering correction. now you need a pair of plaires to adjust them now. you should stop treating the 1/18 vechicle like toys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 22:53:24 

bigb wrote:
Mario, we need a adjustable turnbuckle to be make steering correction. now you need a pair of plaires to adjust them now. you should stop treating the 1/18 vechicle like toys.

Your comment is not fair. To make optional adjustable steering rods is not a problem, it is always the matter of demand and correct price. To make adjustable steering rods is seriously more expensive than regular ones, but if there is sufficient demand and customers are willing to pay more for more comfort, it is not problem to make.

Thanks for your suggestion, well noted and will be analysed if there is sufficient demand. Any further ideas and suggestions are highlye welcomed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 23:33:20 

Mario, just like the RC18t made the factory team version with adjustable turnbuckles. it turned there play truck into a race truck, as long as you race on carpet you will not need them, I race outdoor off-road. I have figured how to use other parts to make it happen. I will share it with everyone when I get the parts in.

Post subject: M18MT Hop-Ups
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 13:10:59 

Hi,

Sorry for re-posting. I only now saw that this is the thread that is being answered by XRAY support. I plan to buy a M18MT. I have the following questions about recommended hop-ups:

1) What is the KV value of the Xray Micro Motor 300 Super Size?
2) If I want to upgrade the motor to a faster and stronger motor, which one do you recommend? (e.g., Mamba, AON,...)
3) As I will run the car in the desert with very fine sand and want to use a stronger motor, what upgrades do you recommend?
4) Does anyone know a good online store for XRAY in Germany, Canada or the US?

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 16:29:21 

The 300 motor is like the Graupner speed-300/6v motor, it is rated about 29.000 rpm at 6v

A nice brushless motor could be the Graupner inline 300 but a Lehner 1015/10 makes it real fast because the use of larger pinions.

You need alu driveshafts and the metal balldiffs to make it bullitproof

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 21:55:00 

Hey Mario are there any plans in the works for metal pinions? I would love a perfect fit on the mesh but would love a metal pinion. Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 21:12:26 

scmicromike wrote:
Hey Mario are there any plans in the works for metal pinions? I would love a perfect fit on the mesh but would love a metal pinion. Mike

Yes, metal pinions are on schedule and in production. As soon they will get available part numbers and availability information will be posted online in news section.

Post subject: power pack battery charging?
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 09:41:22 

Hi,

I just got myM18T + power pack in the mail, yay. how exciting.

I was looking in the power pack when i saw a label attached to the battery that explains the first 'cycle'.

I think it said something along the lines of charge at 110ma, for 14/16 hrs or so, let cool for a period, then discharge at the same amperage down to 0.9V/c, etc, etc.. then it's ready for regular use.

I dont have a problem with this, but I'm curious. Why the above process? perhaps so the cells are 'happy' before charging at higher amperage?

I'd also like to know how people are charging their cell packs?

What Amps, delta peak settings, and so on.

I have one regular XRAY battery pack that came with the power pack, and I also have five extra IB1400 6-cell packs.

charge at 1.5A? discharge at 3A or something?

tips are welcome!

James

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 09:49:07 

It helps to equalize the cells so they discharge at a more consistent rate between them. From the factory the cells are all at slightly different charge characteristics. Nimh still have a memory effect though not as pronounced as NiCd.

Delta Peak also depends on your individual chargers characteristics and the cells its working with. Its sorta a trial and error to find one that peaks juust right.

What you list sounds like a good rate. Remember to let the packs cool though before discharging and charging. Also, try not to use the same pack more than a couple of times a day (once really but its not that important) to have a longer pack life.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 10:48:31 

thanks for the tips...

I have two Much More Cell Master CTX chargers.. I race an XRAY T2 on a national level. I have great battery maintenance with my regular sub-C cell packs.. but of course, these are different, and in 'stick' configuration.

I dont usually use a battery twice in a day, but if I have to, I let it cool for at least an hr before re-use...

most race meets here run five rounds... I have six cell pack's for my new M18T so should be good ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 18:56:08 

Mario can you please work on getting Zacks winning setup on Xrays setup section. Thanks again!

Post subject: Questions about M18MT
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 04:19:30 

I'm looking to get an M18MT and I have a bunch of questions I'm hoping someone can answer:

- I'm looking to buy the 'foam wheel' adapter so that I can stick on some larger diameter wheels. Does anyone have an idea about how wide the tires can be before they will cause a problem with steering. I've seen some 1/10 buggy-type tires that seem relatively narrow so I'm figuring I can get a little extra clearance for running in grass.

- If I do run larger tires can I get a smaller pinion and larger spur to get the gearing back down a bit so I don't fry the stock motor that comes with the 'power pack'?

- I want to let my son have a go with this thing (he's under 4) - I'm totally new to RC so I just don't know how this works - can I set an endpoint on the throttle that will make it absolutely creep?

- I don't understand how runtime/speed/etc vary with battery size. It a batt is 7.2V but has a larger milliamp rating does that just mean I can go longer or will the thing go faster.

- I'm not crazy about the Escalade and Hummer bodies so I'm planning on buying the body that comes with the M18T. Will it fit or do I need to order shorter posts?

Thanks for any advice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 16:15:06 

not sure on the wheels, but gearing down is a good idea, smaller pinions are included and im sure you can get a larger spur,
most good radio's will let you change throttle epa's, and volts determine the speed of your car while milliamps determine run time, higher the better.
with the body i think you just dont add the body mount cap, then you can run the m18t bodies though i think you might have to trim the body so wheels dont hit.

Post subject: Re: Questions about M18MT
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 18:03:01 

foo-cubed wrote:
I'm looking to get an M18MT and I have a bunch of questions I'm hoping someone can answer:

- I'm looking to buy the 'foam wheel' adapter so that I can stick on some larger diameter wheels. Does anyone have an idea about how wide the tires can be before they will cause a problem with steering. I've seen some 1/10 buggy-type tires that seem relatively narrow so I'm figuring I can get a little extra clearance for running in grass.

Your tires should stick out a bit farther with the foam adapters. So for the most part you should be safe. However, a good rule would try not to get tires wider than the stock ones.

- If I do run larger tires can I get a smaller pinion and larger spur to get the gearing back down a bit so I don't fry the stock motor that comes with the 'power pack'?

You can use a smaller pinion, but there is no larger spur.

- I want to let my son have a go with this thing (he's under 4) - I'm totally new to RC so I just don't know how this works - can I set an endpoint on the throttle that will make it absolutely creep?

Depends on the radio, but you should be able to.

- I don't understand how runtime/speed/etc vary with battery size. It a batt is 7.2V but has a larger milliamp rating does that just mean I can go longer or will the thing go faster.

Longer.

- I'm not crazy about the Escalade and Hummer bodies so I'm planning on buying the body that comes with the M18T. Will it fit or do I need to order shorter posts?

You take off the post extensions to use the stock body.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 02:57:39 

Thanks to both of you for the tips.

By any chance could you tell me the dimensions (height and width) of the stock M18MT tires? I'd like to order the extra tires when I order the truck and I can't find the dimensions anywhere on the site.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 09:09:38 

foo-cubed wrote:
Thanks to both of you for the tips.

By any chance could you tell me the dimensions (height and width) of the stock M18MT tires? I'd like to order the extra tires when I order the truck and I can't find the dimensions anywhere on the site.

I dont know that, but I can give you a >estimate< of the rim size for the m18mt
1.1" (28mm) Diameter: 1.3" (32.5mm)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:32:14 

hi, just wondering how the metal pinions for the m18t are coming along... i have just ordered the metal spur gear along with just about every single xray hop up except the aluminium ball diffs, do i really need them? i plan on upgrading everything so i will probably end up buying them anyway. thanks

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next