XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Thu Jun 27, 2019 14:59:25

All times are UTC + 2 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Gearing ratio for Mongoese
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 01:21:40 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 01:19:01
Posts: 3
Location: Indonesia
What gearing ratio for Mongoese 10.5 on M18T played on concrete/asphalt (stock tyre)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 07:13:16 
Offline
moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2005 01:02:57
Posts: 915
Location: Washington (State), United States
I haven't seen that size used locally, but from the performance of the 13.5, I would say to be safe, start out with a 10 or 11 tooth. Though those can be hard to find in 48 pitch in standard 540 shaft size (mongoose uses bigger shaft).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:46:24 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 01:19:01
Posts: 3
Location: Indonesia
So the XRay M18T use standard 48P pinion, like from robinson racing or Trinity?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:27:34 
Offline
moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2005 01:02:57
Posts: 915
Location: Washington (State), United States
yep.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 06:09:00 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 06:04:27
Posts: 5
Location: Wisconsin
Mini_Me


What spur and pinion would you recommend for the 8.5? I know it might be a little insane but that's all I have to run at the moment. I just want to run cool temps not worried about top speed.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 02:30:18 
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 16:09:55
Posts: 46
Truck_Buster wrote:
Mini_Me


What spur and pinion would you recommend for the 8.5? I know it might be a little insane but that's all I have to run at the moment. I just want to run cool temps not worried about top speed.


Purpose? Racing/bashing
Track Size?

That's what I've been using recently, 8.5 (well last time I used it at the Nats and the ECC last year - I only use it at major events as nothing is run here). Sure is too much power but I was really easy on the throttle. Manageable but... Stock spur and 16T I believe. Temps were fine.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:29:26 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 06:04:27
Posts: 5
Location: Wisconsin
Racing. I noticed when building my car the motor screws from xray dont work for my 8.5 what screw does it take? Do I need a different motor mount to put this motor in my car? Any help would be great pics would be better.

Thanks, Dan


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 19:04:06 
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 16:09:55
Posts: 46
Truck_Buster wrote:
Racing. I noticed when building my car the motor screws from xray dont work for my 8.5 what screw does it take? Do I need a different motor mount to put this motor in my car? Any help would be great pics would be better.

Thanks, Dan


I was able to use the stock motor mount from the M18T Pro. However I needed to add small spacers below the motor mount for chassis clearance. However this was a long time ago. I'll about taking a quick snapshot. Send me a PM with your email address and I will forward.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 22:37:13 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 06:04:27
Posts: 5
Location: Wisconsin
rugzilla wrote:
Truck_Buster wrote:
Racing. I noticed when building my car the motor screws from xray dont work for my 8.5 what screw does it take? Do I need a different motor mount to put this motor in my car? Any help would be great pics would be better.

Thanks, Dan


I was able to use the stock motor mount from the M18T Pro. However I needed to add small spacers below the motor mount for chassis clearance. However this was a long time ago. I'll about taking a quick snapshot. Send me a PM with your email address and I will forward.


Ok I got it in and all is good. 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gearing ratio for Mongoese
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 04:09:55 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 14:10:33
Posts: 33
Location: ARGENTINA
Hi i want tu buy a mangoose kit for my M18 rtr. what lipo batery shoul i use and. should i use a voltage regulator to prevent damage the RX and standar servo???


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 2 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group