XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2019 22:23:44

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: xray t1 team car is not available in canada?????
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 03:39:08 

my local hobby store has to pay more than what i can get it for at superiorhobbies.com. or on ebay ??
dont ya just love it when you can only get you parts from one place and that place screws ya???
i want xray but xray's canada guy is a looser.

:x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 04:50:30 

What is the point of this post???

Seriously?

If you don't like the pricing then buy it from Ebay...but don't piss and moan when you don't have parts on the shelves

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 04:59:48 
team driver

Shayne,

I got your name from searching your other posts on this forum.

I assure you our price is is much less then what you can buy the car at from a mail order house or off of EBAY. In-fact looking at Stormer ( your link did not work) they have the car listed at $340.00 USD ( or $442.00 cnd) again I assure you that gives your local hobby shop a good margin on the FK car. Not to mention you would need to add, shipping & handling and brokerage, so basically look to add on another $25-$50

It is no secret and has been a long time fact that Stormer ( and any online sales shop) will be able to get you the kit cheaper then your local dealer, however your dealer is the one that needs your support and in return I am sure that dealer will be their to support you.

I also assure you that our price is no higher then what a dealer in the USA would be able to buy the car for. When you factor in again, shipping, brokerage and the exchange rate it works out to a + or- of 3%.

All we have done is take RCA's dealer price and apply the exchange at the rate that we bought the dollar at, there are some misc expenses and we try to fine tune as much as possible by lowering the price on some items. This creates a "global" North American price. Simply put, our price is RCA's price plus the exchange and other minor factors.

It's a complicated program and I think a + or - of 3% is more then fair.

That % comes from the un stable dollar, our first order was placed when the dollar was lower then it is today, next order our price will drop a few % points due to the improved dollar (today) or at the time the funds are sent.

In general from what I have been told XRAY and HUDY product does now have a slightly higher price then before, again due to the weak USA dollar in comparison to the super strong Euro, remember you are dealing with European products. Exchange factors must be considered when the market is in the state that it is. ( unstable)

As for the shortage, I believe their is a still a North American shortage. We did not receive our complete order, therefore how could we fill every shops order?

What we thought was fair is what we did, we limited the amount of kits we sold to each dealer, we needed to make sure the kits were evenly distributed across Canada and that shops on our pre-book list got a a portion of their orders first before the shops that chose to order last minute. Again this is the only fair way of doing things.

A number of shops seemed to dismiss our press releases that Horizon would not have the line anymore, (Horizon had shops believe they still had XRAY) a number of shops decided to BO with Horizon rather then us, when Horizon finally did let the cat out of the bag, those shops were left trying to place a last minute place orders with us. At that time the whole shipment of FK car kits going to RCA was sold out. Again we can not produce a car from thin air. We did try to obtain more kits, but their simply was none.

With each shipment going out to dealers we included a letter of "Thanks" and a offer to ship all BO's free of charge in a effort to please our customer base. We are know also working on a Free T Shirt to be sent out as well.

There are two sides to each story, please ask us for ours before you publicly bash us.

Please PM or email me your local shop so I can again explain to them the above.

Best regards

Korgae Scales
Canada R/C

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 05:45:11 

I don't really understand what your gripe is here.

Distribution in North America has just begun under RC America and Canada R/C. The huge customs problem with the initial order put them behind the eight ball from the get go but they are doing an excellent job of fulfilling orders very quickly with those shops who placed their orders.

The point about buying from one place is ridiculous. Prior to this everyone had to buy from only one place for all of North America and that was Serpent USA.
Want any Losi stuff? Guess what, only one place to buy from.
What's that? You want a Kyosho? Guess how many places there are to buy from.

If your shop cannot compete with an online source they're probably not alone. They have overhead they need to pay for. If they are out to lunch with their prices then shop around. If you want to buy online then go ahead. Just realise that the source of the problem is not the distribution. There is a bit of pent up demand right now and it may be that a shop may take advantage of that and charge a higher price than normal. If that's the case then shop elsewhere.

Remember that Canada R/C gets all their stuff through RC America and as Korgae said, they work together to ensure level pricing across the 2 countries.
You probably have not been in the hobby very long, or you would know how ridiculously high the pricing on some items used to be here in Canada compared to the US. Things are so much better now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 06:14:00 

why i am pissed??

well first off i am tired of buying a car and not getting parts support .
this usally happens when a us company sells to 1 canadian distributor and only 1.
last year i raced a tamiya and loved the car but when i needed diff parts they were on backoreder in canada but not the us ???
so off to ebay i went and had to buy from 6 differnt people to get the few things i needed.
by the time it all got to me the season was done.
now i am looking at the xray and already there are problems with stuff??
maybe i am not hearing all the stories but i want to race not listen to stories.
now all of you in the us have it good.
you can go to a race or hobby store and see or get almost any part you need .
here in canada the shops have to deal with the canadian distributor and if he dosent have it i dont get it.
I was at the snowbirds race and people went to the counter and said i need this part... not do you have this part.

I got a post from our guy here in canada .
i hope he can shed some light on the issue.

shayne

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 06:29:49 

in my first post i called our canadian distributor a looser.
I would like to take back that comment and say sorry.
I have talked to him and he has answered all of my questions about this issue and there is no doubt that he is the guy for the job.
I look forward to racing xray .
once again sorry it was a mistake on my part.

shayne

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 06:39:14 
team driver

You don't have your facts straight.

because you had a bad experience with Tamiya does not make it right to blame me ( XRAY) for your current problems and frustration.

I can tell you first hand that Tamiya Canada has a good supply of Tamiya parts. ( I know the sales manager well) I think you need to look for a new hobby shop to deal with. I made sure all MAJOR shops have stock of XRAY

As for mail order We are in Great Hobbies ( they are the largest hobby shop chain in Canada) and they have ALL the parts. at least they did a week ago;)

All the shops out here in Vancouver have Tamiya and XRAY on the wall as well. If you want a list I can PM you it with phone #'s and contacts.
Would you like a dealer in the ALberta? I have them, a dealer Manitoba? I have them, a dealer in TO? I have many, the list is long....

You might still be able to get a car from one of our current dealers. As for me, I do not have any FK car kits, again that is out of my control.

As for parts, I have lots and if you read my own web-page you will see our #1 goal is carrying inventory to service the racers of Canada.

Korgae
Canada R/C

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 06:53:07 

I am not blaming you (xray ) for anything i am only saying that it sucks when you cant get parts from anybody.
last winter tamiya was backordered on most parts for there 414 and evo3.
that is what they said...
i called tamiya usa and they had them but would not sell to me and said i need to find a shop in canada.
so if you say that parts support on your end is no problem ... good i will leave it at that.
I will wait for you to get kits in or maybe i will buy it now from ebay i dont know.

shayne

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 17:30:34 

The problem doesn't lie with the distributor for that issue bassman...it's on your hobby shop....

In the US they have only 1 source (RCAmerica) and shops have parts because they chose toset up and order parts.

If you look at the lineup at CanadaRC, I can't picture racing without those lines. They have parts and have been shipping parts, if your shop chooses not to order the parts, I see in no way how this is a bad reflection on the Xray distributorship. Possibly your LHS should consider responding to the needs and desires of the racers and get set up.

Post subject: RC availability in CAN
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 02:47:17 

I used to live in Vancouver and I was not running XRay at that time but I will have to say that bassman does make a legitimate point. Parts availability in Vancouver sucks. I currently live in Portland, OR (where luckily XRay is Huge due to RC Plus) and my friends in Vancouver call me regularly to get them parts for their cars. I pick off the shelf at any store parts that are back ordered in Vancouver for weeks. Pricing is also an issue in some stores, I did feel ripped off by how much I was paying for some its vs. what you can get in the US (exchange aside). You mentioned great hobbies....they are just that, they seamed to be within a few % of us numbers, but we didn't have one in Vancouver.

I wrote in to say that even though the comments about XRay distribution and pricing may not be accurate bassman seams to have had the same experience with stocking and pricing that I had.....so go easy on him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 04:57:04 
team driver

Eagle,

Considering XRAY Canada has had stock less then 3 weeks, I think you point is very invalid in the current situation.

We have just obtained XRAY for Canada and are working very hard to get the lines into all popular stores across Canada. Right now our biggest problem is receiving kits from XRAY to keep up with demand...

If you look at a time line. Their has been no XRAY stock coming from Europe since July, In Aug new North American dist was announced ( XRAY USA and XRAY Canada) Both parties just received their first order late Oct due to custom issues from the 1st shipment that was due in Sept.. So basically NA was only working on what was left in the old dist (Horizon) stock for the last 3 months.

In the Vancouver area we now have 5 very strong XRAY/HUDY dealers that are spread out the fraser valley. I welcome you to contact anyone of them to see what they have in stock, I garantee you they have all the goodies;)

R/C Pro Shop Owned by Keith Yu. Richmond B.C.

Team 1 Hobbies Owned by Ray New Westminister BC

R/C Pitstop Owned by Wes Turnbull Surrey B.C.

One Stop Hobbies Owned by Gary Glendenning Abbottsford B.C.

Kelowna Speedway and Hobby Owned by Rob Sneider Kelowna B.C.

Great Hobbies is a large shop that has 2 locations ( one in PEI and the other in Edmonton Alberta) They also have mail order as do any of the shops I listed. This to help customers such as bassman who can not find it in their town.

I really think you are basing your info from the era pre Canada R/C and R/C America. I would be the first to say that XRAY had very little presence in BC under the old dist but since Canada R/C has taken the line it is readily available and growing every day.

Best regards

Korgae

Canada R/C

P.S What club did you run with when you lived up here? Do we know each other? You mentioned Ron from R/C Plus. have you raced at Rain City?

Post subject: Slight misunderstanding
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 22:29:09 

I reread my post and I did not make myself very clear. I was not referencing xray at all; my experiences have all been with the US makes. I was just trying to say that Parts availability for some makes is a pain with back orders for the shops in CAN where I can go to the store and get the part off the shelf in the US. Some shops do over price certain items but others are reasonable. So I understand bassman’s beef, if you read back to what he started saying he had bad experiences with his previous car, not an xray.

In Vancouver I mostly played at Racetech and Apollo hobbies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 12:23:39 

Korgae

please list where i can buy this car in canada.
also list if they have more than just a pic of it.
i want the car not a date on when it might come in.
shayne

ps i will even take a used car.
what you racing??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 18:32:37 

The Xray line of R/C cars is without a doubt the most popular sedan in the R/C Ottawa model club and there are several racers with the FK version. The local hobby shop has a wall of parts and only rarely do we have to wait for parts. They even have a box full of M18 parts for those of us that also enjoy micro racing.

Anyone looking for this kit may want to call Hobby2000 Gatineau at (819) 561-6888 or check their web pages at http://www.hobby2000gatineau.com/ to enquire about availability. Hope this helps.

Steve

Post subject: t1 fk in canada
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 18:16:04 

i got mine there 2 week ago!!!
lucky me lol!!
Pete68

Post subject: t1 fk in canada
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 22:03:58 

hi i just wanted to tell u that they still have a t1 fk in stock so just email them or give them a call all the info to contact them read stevem post all info and links are there!!!
Pete68