XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 03:44:24

All times are UTC + 2 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: NT18
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 09:09:59 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 22:46:45
Posts: 23
Location: Canada
so far the exahaust held up pretty good smack it few times again the curve & major damage hope it stays that way besides tiny scratches on the exhaust tip.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 18:29:38 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2005 04:33:25
Posts: 80
Location: Dallas, TX
I put some small strips of clear fuel tubing between the pipe and the engine mount.

Give the pipe some cushion - but no where to go if you hit a wall. So it doesnt bend in.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 18:40:05 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 18:52:17
Posts: 32
Location: riverside, california, USA
bbking:
thats not a bad idea either..
some small springs would also work if the fuel tubing gets too hot to hold out.
seems like you may get some oil spray if the car hits a large enough bump though?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 08:02:06 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2005 04:33:25
Posts: 80
Location: Dallas, TX
cakemonster, not sure what you mean oil spray? because of the fuel tubing strips?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 13:42:02 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2005 03:01:11
Posts: 318
Location: IL
cakemonster wrote:
bbking:
thats not a bad idea either..
some small springs would also work if the fuel tubing gets too hot to hold out.
seems like you may get some oil spray if the car hits a large enough bump though?


yea what do you mean u get oil spray if you hit bumps?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:53:05 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 08:22:54
Posts: 897
Location: Holland
Mini_Me wrote:
Hey fellas.. Here are some part numbers (on the NT18 hopups page) to help you out with your dilema. :)

XRAY NT18T 2-Pc Muffler - Set # 681002

Exhaust Wire Mount Set # 388720


I am still wondering how this exhaust is performing compared to the original NT18 exhaust. It is much longer so I suspect more torque and less rpm but otherwise because the shape (real manifold) better performance.

Can someone give some info about that ?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 14:54:34 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2005 03:01:11
Posts: 318
Location: IL
Roelof wrote:
Mini_Me wrote:
Hey fellas.. Here are some part numbers (on the NT18 hopups page) to help you out with your dilema. :)

XRAY NT18T 2-Pc Muffler - Set # 681002

Exhaust Wire Mount Set # 388720


I am still wondering how this exhaust is performing compared to the original NT18 exhaust. It is much longer so I suspect more torque and less rpm but otherwise because the shape (real manifold) better performance.

Can someone give some info about that ?


i just dont like the idea of having to buy another part to fix a problem heh


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 16:22:04 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 08:22:54
Posts: 897
Location: Holland
I have no problem because I am rebuilding a M18 to a NT18 and would like to know the differences.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 17:13:26 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2005 03:01:11
Posts: 318
Location: IL
Roelof wrote:
I have no problem because I am rebuilding a M18 to a NT18 and would like to know the differences.


well then go with the truck version exhaust or the exhaust with the rubber coupler etc.. the one on the nt18 car is bolted directly to the engine and has been a trouble point because the exhaust over extends the chassis this having side impact pushes the ehaust in and in some cases cracking...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 19:14:12 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 08:22:54
Posts: 897
Location: Holland
That is no problem to me, I only want the best performing exhaust.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 19:15:45 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2005 03:01:11
Posts: 318
Location: IL
Roelof wrote:
That is no problem to me, I only want the best performing exhaust.


your not understanding what im telling you..lol

im tryn to tell u which exhaust will be better
NVM


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 20:57:21 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 08:22:54
Posts: 897
Location: Holland
I understand it perfectly, the original exhaust has some problems which can be solved in my design and if it is the best performing it will be my choice, simple as that.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 04:15:39 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 05:27:43
Posts: 5
Location: HONG KONG
Does anyone know whether this pipe will fit on NT18?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 05:30:54 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2005 03:01:11
Posts: 318
Location: IL
skye wrote:
Does anyone know whether this pipe will fit on NT18?


havnt seen anyone post up pics yet..


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 07:16:55 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 08:22:54
Posts: 897
Location: Holland
If you take a look in the link at the specs Xray says it fits the NT18.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 14:58:21 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2005 03:01:11
Posts: 318
Location: IL
Roelof wrote:
If you take a look in the link at the specs Xray says it fits the NT18.


yea we all seen the pics but waiting for someone who actually bought it and took pics to give there review,..


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 00:21:09 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 22:09:47
Posts: 305
Location: Denmark, copenhagen
I have already ordered the new exhaust.

I´ll review it as soon as the it arrives.

hopfully i will be here next week when the destributor resives parts from x ray :-)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 02:04:18 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2005 03:01:11
Posts: 318
Location: IL
kant76 wrote:
I have already ordered the new exhaust.

I´ll review it as soon as the it arrives.

hopfully i will be here next week when the destributor resives parts from x ray :-)


nice. i look forward to your review, take some good pics!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 18:00:06 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 23:21:46
Posts: 13
Location: Switzerland
I just installed the NT18T exhaust to my NT18. You can take a look here:
http://www.one18th.com/GetGallery10570.htm


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 18:03:07 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2005 03:01:11
Posts: 318
Location: IL
MTmicro wrote:
I just installed the NT18T exhaust to my NT18. You can take a look here:
http://www.one18th.com/GetGallery10570.htm


looks good but i dot think its worth all that extra money. but looks nice they should have included it with our car kits as well..


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC + 2 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group