XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:57:38

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: my first nitro car, just a few questions...
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 03:30:06 

ok, this is my first nitro car. it has been fun to build, and from what ive read that isnt even a scratch on how much fun its gonna be when i take it out.

so, i just have a few quick questions i would like answering to get me on my way.

1)ive built the kit (NT18T + electronics pack), installed a receiver. charged rx pack, plugged it all together and turned on tx + rx for the servo's to centre themselves. fitted steering linkage to servo, but now when i test it, i have to revers my steering on the tx in order for it to steer the car correctly. i cant see that i have done anything wrong, and have never had this problem with my other car. i cant post a pic at the moment, but if needed i will be able to put one up tomorrow.

2)having put a spot of fuel in, and started the engine (following differential break-in instructions). there now seems to be a yellowish build up in the silicone tubing coming back from the exhaust to the fuel tank (pressure line). is this normal, or is there something wrong with my engine?

3)when the enging is started, are the wheels supposed to be running, or should the brake be on when the throttle on the tx is in neutral position?

4)all the engine power seems to come during the first 50% of the throttle movement on tx, dont seem to get any increase in speed after 50%. have i got it set up wrong? if so, how do i rectify this?

thanks for reading, and any assistance offered.

ben

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 07:31:54 

1) would not worry about it. it works! unless you use a programable multiple model TX
2) Yellow gunk is normal. lubrcant of fuel.
3)wheels shouldn't be turning while idling Adjust the brake lever. and adjust carb idle speed.
4) Engine running rich, Start by turning the main screw counterclockwise 1/4 turn, if worsen, turn 1/2 clockwise, if it improves 1/8 turn until it correct

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 13:48:35 

thanks for the help,

i have managed to fix the idle/wheels running problem.

just noticed now though, i had it sat on the starter box to check etc... and there is this carp spitting out of the exhaust, is that normal aswell?

thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 15:43:03 

all normal with nitro.you.ll find it;s messy stuff. stuff coming out tail pipe, unburnt fuel/ lubricant. that what turns the pressure line yellow. all normal stuff. Start havin fun!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 00:33:27 

ok, just been out with it this evening.

2 tanks of fuel used, and when i got home i have noticed the yellowish goop around the low speed needle. upon closer inspection, it has also ended up on the upper deck, around the silicone tubing on the top of the fuel tank (leading to carb). i put a bit of fuel into it, started it up, and it seems to be coming from the small retaining screws in the heatsink (the 4 around the glowplug).

once again, is this normal?

thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 03:20:07 

From glow plug!!! or Cooling head!! Like any thing new engine wise, heat build up etc... Try torqueing down all srcews, 4 head screws, & glow plug. the goop is still unburnt fuel build up Try adjusting the carb a little leaner, Or you mite use a differant brand of fuel. I use O'donnel 20% racing fuel., with no problem. But then I'm running it leaner than normal. What temp does it run at, that will tell me more.