XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 14:10:27

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: bottomplate problems with my nt18t kit counter sinks too dee
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 08:27:32 

hi xray
the counter sinks for the motor mounts are too deep on my bottom plate,
they are so deep that they make knife edges and the supplyed screvs bottom out on the motor mounts making then almost impossebly to mount correctly. was just able to get it tight enough but as an airplane tech i know that cracks will soon start from those holes,as soon as the engine starts vibrate, so please chek you machine and see if its ajusted it correctly. are going to contack my lhs that import xray and ask them to replace the bottomplate for me.

/ Kenn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 16:04:15 

I am not sure if I understand properly what you mean. You mean the four holes though which the engine stands are mounted from bottom of the chassis?
As chassis are made on CNC machine so I believe your chassis is correct. If you believe you have some fault, please make a photo and quote the dimensions you have meassured which you believe are not correct and email to info@teamxray.com and your findings will be analysed. I suggest you do not contact your dealer unless XRAY will let you know you have a problem and how to proceed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 17:58:18 

I.ve assembled 2 NT18's, Run into same problem. You can trade off the chassis adjustment screw in the frt end. Or, if you noticed 4 screws in the bag, one is 1/2mm to long. Being a hobbyist, I'd Dremel it off. Second thing the kit came with unmarked bag with extra screws, you maybe lucky it may be in there.

If you're familiar with Serpents, The Motor mounting screw are pre-coated with Loctite compound. I use Loctite on any motor Electric or Nitro.

I'm pretty sure QC(Quality Control) of Xray is doing their job. They would't package it, if it's bad. Not like Japan Sony QC, the night before drinkin' that Sake stuff!!!! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 07:59:18 

mario wrote:
I am not sure if I understand properly what you mean. You mean the four holes though which the engine stands are mounted from bottom of the chassis?
As chassis are made on CNC machine so I believe your chassis is correct. If you believe you have some fault, please make a photo and quote the dimensions you have meassured which you believe are not correct and email to info@teamxray.com and your findings will be analysed. I suggest you do not contact your dealer unless XRAY will let you know you have a problem and how to proceed.

I´ll send you some pictures and messurments :-)

/kenn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 03:13:14 

You know my comment on this issue!!!