XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:21:29

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: fuelusage and engine wear
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 19:42:49 

are starting this tread to hear what your experience are with the nt18 engine. How much fuel hare you burened in you engine so fare, and how does it perform?

my own exp. 1. engine went thrug the first 2 liters, without any obious signs of loss in performance( then a guy bought my first car)
2. engine have now gone thrugh 6 liters, after 3 liters it started to loose some compresion, and started to flame out from times to times. then I reajusted the engine to run leaner both on top and on the bottom. Thought that this engine was dead but after reajusting it it performs eaven better than b4 and have now gone thrug 3 more liters of fuel, with out any signs of loss in performance. it runs a littel on the hot side 123.c

what are your exp?

kenn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 18:27:07 

Good question Kenn!!

It really depends on the driver, maintenace. Being a racer, i've had .21 class last 1 3/4 seasons, and running it every other week. Two friends and I have run 2 gallons on NT18 already havent lost a thing. Really we have a way in engines. Running them at max, lean, does hurt any engine. We have two types of fuel. our racing fuell & practice fuel.

Differance of fuel? Not much, we use Odonnel 20% Racing fuel. Just a costume mix blend. of fuel and caster oil. Running it lean starves the engine from lubrication. this way you extent the life. So that why we have 2 blends, racing & practice fuel.

Caster oil easy to find at your local drug store.

later!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:34:47 

Its not so much that it starves it of lube, but increase the temperature due to the fact there there is not as much fuel flowing through getting turned to vapor - moving the heat to the fuel. The fuel is what cools the engine (other than the head/any other metal cooling fins)