XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Sun Aug 18, 2019 21:32:41

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 309 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 16  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 20:30:01 

Wow! Nitro touring won't be the same again!
Martin, Jilles and Teemu are capable of making the show as well, no doubt... Is Jilles using Max engine now?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 21:16:07 

althea wrote:
Wow! Nitro touring won't be the same again!
Martin, Jilles and Teemu are capable of making the show as well, no doubt... Is Jilles using Max engine now?

thank god quality is on the way for springtime racing in NJ....Finally car to replace my R40.....Finally a car I can beat a 720 with(and I will).....

Go get 'em team Xray!!....hey Mario,will ball diffs be an option later on?...

thanks......(makes me glad I have all HUDY Rc equipment)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 23:57:35 

go xray! show em how its done! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 09:27:04 

After 4 rounds of qualifications the NT1 is still doing very well and the current standing of the team is:

1. Ralph Burch
4. Barry Baker
5. Martin Christensen
9. Paul LeMieux
11. Teemu Leino
12. Martin Hudy

Thursday has the last day of qualifiers on schedule so let's see how this will end up. But no matter what will be the result, the current performance and results show what the NT1 is capable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 22:46:58 

Jilles keeps bumping up main by main, he'll be running in C tomorrow.
B-main should be a good battle, hope someone will make a video of it.
I'm guessing another NT1 will make the A :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 00:12:30 

where can you view the standings at? the winter nationals website still shows day 1 qualifying.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:13:11 

180 booker wrote:
where can you view the standings at? the winter nationals website still shows day 1 qualifying.

http://www.redrc.net/2007/02/2007-winte ... day-day-3/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 18:46:05 

180 booker wrote:

This was the standing after the lower finals:

A-Main
1. Paolo Morganti
2. Ralph Burch - XRAY NT1
3. Josh Cyrul
4. Danny Horta
5. Paul Lemiuex - XRAY NT1
6. Martin Christensen - XRAY NT1

7. Chris Tosolini
8. Andrew Duperrouzel
9. Jarred Scott
10. Ron Atomic
11. Jame Corrado

B-Main
1. Bobby Flack
2. Rafael Angulo
3. Barry Baker - XRAY NT1
4. Darin Ishitani
5. Rene Cornella
6. Robert Maestrey
7. Luke Whitaker
8. Chris Metheny
9. Teemu Leino - XRAY NT1
10. Juraj Hudy - XRAY NT1
11. Martin Hudy - XRAY NT1

C-Main
1. Mark Green
2. Mark Blackstock
3. Brian Thomas
4. Art Carbonell
5. Mike Dumas
6. Daniel Tomaschko
7. Jari Taskila
8. James Burrows
9. Gerdard Kandelhart
10. Mark Unrath
11. Peter Breton

Jilles won 5 lower finals and moved to C final and today won even the C final and moved to the B final. This means that all 8 NT1 are now in the A and B final. Jilles turned more than 500 laps on Friday without any failure on the car and no problems at all which not only proves the performance but also the reliability of the NT1.

Report from qualifiers you can find here: http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/news/n ... goria=1043

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 05:00:15 

althea wrote:

So was I right or was I right? :D :D
I feel bad for Jilles but he is the man of Winternats '07!! Martin bumping up to A instead and taking 5th (less than 1 second behind 4th), what a show! 94 entries in touring, all 8 Xrays in top 20! Congratulations to all!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 00:13:15 

althea wrote:
althea wrote:

So was I right or was I right? :D :D
I feel bad for Jilles but he is the man of Winternats '07!! Martin bumping up to A instead and taking 5th (less than 1 second behind 4th), what a show! 94 entries in touring, all 8 Xrays in top 20! Congratulations to all!!

I feel very happy and proud for such an excellent debut especially considering the very high competition level. The Team XRAY has shown an excellent team work and some great racing and showcased the performance and capability of the NT1. Jilles has turned over 900 laps !!!! in all the finals he went through from the very end to the top A main (where unfortunately he did not got due DQ) and during the 8 finals he run through and turning 900 laps he did not experience any failure of any part which definitely confirms the highest reliability and durability of the NT1 as well the best performance. Jilles said that the car was super easy to drive even when his tire difference on different sides was more 2mm and he could beat almost everybody. Another hero of the race for sure is Mr. Hudy senior, who outperformed plenty of top guns and top professional racers and finished 4th in the B main. Excellent job! The whole team just did an excellent work and I heard that Martin was at some stage in the main final in the 3rd place but got some trouble with a tire. Considering that Martin and also Paul did not have much nitro experience before they did some very nice showcase. Ralph holding for several heats the TQ was also the man to beat and achieved the well deserved podium finish. All-in-all to have all 8 cars in the top 20 and to have 4 cars in the A main and a car on the podium is definitely some of the world's most successful debuts and some of the nicest dreams to come true. And definitely more is to come...

So once again congratulation to everybody. I am sure tomorrow when guys will come back they will write a short report and bring some pictures and their set-up sheets which will get available as soon the on-line set-up sheet system will be updated and NT1 set-ups integrated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 17:07:20 

I think the car had a great debut...but personally,I'm more impressed with the durability it has shown..

of course,I am wondering how the 720 got 6 laps up.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 17:34:56 

fastharry wrote:
I think the car had a great debut...but personally,I'm more impressed with the durability it has shown..

About the 6 laps, reading Mike Myers' recap, here is what he wrote: "Ralph had problems as the race neared the end, and spent a lot of time in the pits..." And if you look at detailed results, he had a 46.2 sec. lap (lap #154) and another 45.3 sec. on lap #156. So there you have it... Anything can go wrong during a 45 min. main.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 17:39:32 

althea wrote:
fastharry wrote:

About the 6 laps, reading Mike Myers' recap, here is what he wrote: "Ralph had problems as the race neared the end, and spent a lot of time in the pits..." And if you look at detailed results, he had a 46.2 sec. lap (lap #154) and another 45.3 sec. on lap #156. So there you have it... Anything can go wrong during a 45 min. main.

trust me,I know that......I won the HPI Challenge in ny a couple of years back....and did it staying out of trouble....

the reason I had asked is I thought I had read that Paolo got out to a 6 lap lead right from the jump.....

trust me,it hasn't hurt my opinion of the car at all.....Like I said,I'm looking for a car that is durable(esp after my r40)..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 18:42:05 

althea wrote:
fastharry wrote:

See the report from the race http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/news/n ... goria=1047 where you can see that the reason Team XRAY got behind the winner due no good tire strategy. Also the other local team had practice at the track for more than a week while the Team XRAY was racing at the Snowbirds electric race, so the Team XRAY came with significant disadvantage to the race already. Considering that this was the first big event for the nitro touring team and considering that many XRAY drivers had very limited or almost no nitro racing experiences, I would definitely say that this has been some of the greatest and most successful debuts ever.
Jilles turned 900 laps without any failure or exchanging any single part on the car and as I heard, the crowd was not only surprised but shocked of this. And the NT1 performs well in the hands of regular drivers which the best proof is Mr. Hudy senior who was able to beat plenty of top young factory drivers and if he did not run out of tire he could finish at 3rd place in the B main - good job for an old dog :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 21:43:12 

And who said old people can't drive? :D :D
But seriously, it was surprising to see Mr. Hudy finish ahead of other top factory drivers. Well done!
I have pre-ordered mine, can't wait! 27 more days and spring is here :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 08:08:50 

mario wrote:
althea wrote:
fastharry wrote:

See the report from the race http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/news/n ... goria=1047 where you can see that the reason Team XRAY got behind the winner due no good tire strategy. Also the other local team had practice at the track for more than a week while the Team XRAY was racing at the Snowbirds electric race, so the Team XRAY came with significant disadvantage to the race already. Considering that this was the first big event for the nitro touring team and considering that many XRAY drivers had very limited or almost no nitro racing experiences, I would definitely say that this has been some of the greatest and most successful debuts ever.
Jilles turned 900 laps without any failure or exchanging any single part on the car and as I heard, the crowd was not only surprised but shocked of this. And the NT1 performs well in the hands of regular drivers which the best proof is Mr. Hudy senior who was able to beat plenty of top young factory drivers and if he did not run out of tire he could finish at 3rd place in the B main - good job for an old dog :D

Congratulation on the great debut of the Xray NT1 and to the great performance of Mr. Juraj Hudy.

A.W.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 22:13:41 

Congratulations Mario and Mr. Juraj Hudy. Quick question: were any of the racers using optional parts already or were they just running the cars box stock?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 13:12:57 

Bravo to all the team for these results

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 23:40:47 

Great Result in Vienna. Didn't thought it would be possible to compete with a touring body against a lola.
I wait more and more for my nt1 :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 16:34:07 

althea wrote:
And who said old people can't drive? :D :D
But seriously, it was surprising to see Mr. Hudy finish ahead of other top factory drivers. Well done!

:D :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 309 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 16  Next