Great to ask for feedback. Really like that
In general i like the NT1, there's been number of improvements over the years which all helped out (like harder clutch springs, harder 2speed springs, 1degree steering block, new bell tentioner, etc..).
I think the car is pretty complete, but there are some things i'd like to point out:
1. The flex in the chassis is pretty much, the 4mm chassis helps and the alu radio-tray mounts help, but i've been using an optional part long before xray came with it. I think the chasis needs to be stiffer. I also know this is part of the success for xray, as it makes the car very easy. I also noticed some 3mm optional chassis for different cars are actually stronger then the 4mm chassis from xray. I think that's pretty weird
In all my time racing, i've never broken a shock mount (the carbon) but i have 2 bend chassis.....
2. I'd like more options.
- length of the front upper arms (keeping the normal rollcenter changes that are possible their)
- length of the lower rear arms
- I really like the way the mugen has it's lower a-arms connected (like an electric car). I think it makes it more easy to get the rear lower arms with less play and make the length change + squat possible.
- less big changes on the rear upper link (rollcenter) The inside changes are pretty big.
- Wheel base changeable. So make it possible to move forward and backwards the lower arms. This would also require more space on the front caster settings.
3. Clutch. The clutch flyweights wear out pretty fast. (the hols loosen). On the normal clutch, its super important to get the bearings right (no play).
I haven't tried the new clutch (high dynamic) but i feel the old one needs some improvements for the normal racer. like the alu clutch bell, wears out too fast (although that is good!). For pro-racers, replacing parts isn't that big of and issue, but for the hobby driver, it sucks
- make holes to dirt can be pushed out.
- Also, it seems hard to get the front pulley and exhaust spring good and save. The exhaust spring has little space.
5. I have replaced several front bulkheads because the screws are worn out and i can't fix the radio plate any more. I think this is important for the flex of the chassis, as mounting the radio-tray securely is important.
6. Braking. There can be some improvements made on that part. In the beginning we didn't use the brake pads from xray. Now i have the KM-brake pads and the xceed brake disk. It finally works correctly, but it's also hard to get correct because of the way the brake leaver works.
Well, that's about it
Don't get me wrong, i'm very happy with the car right now
Oh, and sorry for not pointing out 5 good things and making it 6 improvement points :S
Don't get me wrong, i really like the xray!!