XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 04:03:47

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:56:36 

mario wrote:
The XRAY XII is being run by the team at the recent Worlds. Of course it is only a prototype, not production design and as such the team has extremely difficult to run for the first time at the most competitive race in the world and all this with the prototype. Good luck to the team, especially knowing that the 1/12 worlds on asphalt used to be always about the special tires not much about the car or the driver. But we will see.

The XII was tested by the European team at the private testing at the Worlds track few weeks ago and after that top European drivers did a week testing of both T2 and XII at the XRAY factory indoor track with the copy of the world's track layout.

Good luck to all! And sound as if the XII was put through its paces!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 14:01:44 

What a start for Team Xray

"Teemu Leino has surprised his rivals in Thailand by recording the fastest time in controlled practice as day one of the 1:12 scale World Championships comes to a close. The flying Finn is debuting Xray’s new XII and was the only driver to record 39 laps over 8 minutes with his closest rival being Speed Passion driver Jilles Groskamp who just missed out on 39 laps recording 38 in a time of 8:00.644.

Commenting on his day’s performance Leino, who took 1:12 victory at this year’s Snowbirds, said he was really surprised himself at how the day had gone. Asked what changes he had made to the car the Xray factory driver said other than changing the bodyshell earlier in the day, he had done little to the car saying the track conditions were coming to the car. He feels it is not super fast but is very consistent over the entire run. In terms of lap times Leino managed a best time of 12.227 which was the third fastest lap time of day so the package is proving itself to be a force to be reckoned with here in Bangkok."

Redrc.net

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 15:11:47 

Incredible debut on the very first run of the XII at the very first race. Not bad for this being the worlds. Go Xray, go.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 22:41:46 

Yes go Xray, this is just a perfect debut for the new car!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:47:11 

mario wrote:
Good luck to the team, especially knowing that the 1/12 worlds on asphalt used to be always about the special tires not much about the car or the driver. But we will see.

Hi Mario

My comment on the worlds at the bottom: For now, some kit reccomendations / suggestions for the 12th market!

I looked over the photos again and I can see some nice features. I guess I was looking for some killer "new ideas" but these are hard to come by especially when there is no weight to play with!

The shock looks nice.

The front end looks solid and accurate. I like the captive nut idea. Please ensure there are longer and shorter screws in the kit to allow lots of range with front tyre diameters. The club guys are going to start at 46mm fronts... dont just cater for the 41mm world.

Please make sure we have all the ride height shims and blocks in the kit for 0.25mm adjustment, front and rear.

I hope the diff has an outer thrust race.

Please make sure the rear pod is balanced for brushless out of the box.

You show the car with CRC rims, remember that Parma/GRP and Jaco rims have a different offset (narrower) on the rears. Make sure there are shims in the kit to get to 172mm rear track width. These can be axle or wheel but we dont want to have to find/buy them separately.

Make the weight limit if you can! 800g with a brushless setup is very hard (impossible) with any kit I have built so far. Can you help? Titanium screws for example.

Anyway ... a comment on the 1/12th worlds. Its really sad that the asphalt
decision has made the world championships less relivant to the class. How well team Xray (or any team) do here is pretty much no use as an indicator of anything for us carpet fans!

Laters

Mark

Last edited by Mark Payne on Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:47:44, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 01:52:22 

Hellow,

I can see xray is doing very well on the worlds. Good job. It's a great start. I love xray.

Swords,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 02:23:08 

... and a aluminium servo holder (and maybe antenna mount) would be adequate. :!:

Will this thing also be sold in the racing orange as seen in the Worlds ?

I hope the designers from Xray will check some of the points mentioned by Mark Payne.

Would love to drive the car before X-Mas, but I don't think it'll work that quickly...

Greetz,
Patrick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 05:18:46 

Mark is right about all the things to add. The thing that I have to add is everyone noticed at worlds that the T-bar cars had more success w/ setup than the Linked cars early on. The reason for that is because traction was low. When traction came up the linked cars gained the advantage. In the club racing scene T-bar cars are more popular because of the low traction you get at races. Its easier to setup a T-bar car in low bite situations so harder to setup a linked car, but its the opposite in high bite situations. Sure you can stiffen up a T-bar with the likes of a stiffer T-bar, springs, tires, damping, but it becomes alot of setup chasing. Xray may want to give a option to have both a T-bar & Linked Car. Best of both worlds that way you cater to the club racer & factory driver.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 16:36:59 

lreid727 wrote:
Mark is right about all the things to add. The thing that I have to add is everyone noticed at worlds that the T-bar cars had more success w/ setup than the Linked cars early on. The reason for that is because traction was low. When traction came up the linked cars gained the advantage. In the club racing scene T-bar cars are more popular because of the low traction you get at races. Its easier to setup a T-bar car in low bite situations so harder to setup a linked car, but its the opposite in high bite situations. Sure you can stiffen up a T-bar with the likes of a stiffer T-bar, springs, tires, damping, but it becomes alot of setup chasing. Xray may want to give a option to have both a T-bar & Linked Car. Best of both worlds that way you cater to the club racer & factory driver.

Once the traction came the special tires started to play the role :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 16:37:17 

Ohh...and thanks for the input and feedback.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 05:14:26 

Mario-

as we know there wasn't much time between the announcement of the 009 and the ship date cause the parts are very similar. In your opinion should I hold out for this car for the winter? Or just keep running and developing my own cars? lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 18:49:14 

Hellow,

Will it be released this upcooming season 2009 our will it be 2010.

Swords,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:04:59 

Mario, I was a little disappointed it had the sprung damper plate. I was hoping for some Hudy genius things that will make running 12th scale as easy as it is in electric sedan now lol. mainly independent damping adjustment between the center shock (compression + rebound) and roll. I figured a car made by the Hudy's might cater to the EU market (more asphalt). You guys make great cars and I have been a loyal Xray guy since 2004 paved nats and I was hooked. Please give me something that makes my jaw drop and wonder wow, how soon can I get one of those...

Cheers,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:24:12 

in Germany, there are I think two men wo made a conversion kit for corally and Asso, called Hatzenbach. This kit should be very easy to drive, but needs a bit more exact work on set-up.

If such a kit would be produced as a whole car in high qualityt this would be very nice. Further withthis kit you do not need to tape the battery...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 01:06:57 

Can anyone tell me reliably if a servo safer will be included in the kit or if we will have to buy it separately? Maybe someone of Team Xray... ;)

Thanks in advance. :)

Regards

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 04:51:43 

Hurricane '007 wrote:
Can anyone tell me reliably if a servo safer will be included in the kit or if we will have to buy it separately? Maybe someone of Team Xray... ;)

Thanks in advance. :)

Regards

its RARE that a servo saver is included in 1/12th scale cars.. however since its xray they usually have their own servo gear.

cheers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 08:48:08 

Servo saver will be included.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 18:14:51 

Thanks, brano !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 21:04:50 

Hi Mario,

Can you tell when the car will be available ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 08:29:35 

brano wrote:
Servo saver will be included.

as always my hero lol

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next