XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 18:46:39

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Will it be a link 12th car to?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:45:14 

I prefer 12th link cars before 12th t-bar cars.
I drive xray M18 Pro and M18T pro and would like to drive 12th xray to (drive CRC 12th now). But thats only if thers gone be a 12th link car. Does enyone know if ther is eny plans to make a 12th link car to?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 19:57:04 

You think the link makes the car faster? Or is it simply just personal preference like somebody will not buy a car until it is not blue or green?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 01:15:23 

No I dont think a linked car will go faster, at least not for me :) Have read/heard that link cars is faster on high grip track and t-bar on low grip but i dont know.

But I do know that I like the link car bether because that they stay tuned longer, even after smal crashes. I have tried a t-bar car but they demand more tuning for good running (in my opinion). Thats why I realy would like xray to make both t-bar and link 12th car.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 04:30:31 

mario wrote:
You think the link makes the car faster? Or is it simply just personal preference like somebody will not buy a car until it is not blue or green?

no special link or t-bar request. Just independent bump and roll damping...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 19:00:06 

Krolleg wrote:
No I dont think a linked car will go faster, at least not for me :) Have read/heard that link cars is faster on high grip track and t-bar on low grip but i dont know.

But I do know that I like the link car bether because that they stay tuned longer, even after smal crashes. I have tried a t-bar car but they demand more tuning for good running (in my opinion). Thats why I realy would like xray to make both t-bar and link 12th car.

I suggest you first try the standard T-bar in the XII. First it is super easy to build and work on, and secondly the car has at least same performance as any other cars. But what is important the T-bar is easier to work on for most of the regular drivers who do not have so much hands-on experience on fine setting.
For the ultra high grip traction the optional chassis and different T-bar will be available as well.

I can make you sure you will be equally fast (if not faster) with the T-bar if you keep your mind clear from prejudice that a link-type is better :D 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 21:57:24 

mario wrote:

I can make you sure you will be equally fast (if not faster) with the T-bar if you keep your mind clear from prejudice that a link-type is better :D 8)

Is there a possibility of not having the damper plate style? or is that what is going to be shipped out?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 19:52:19 

I have had to remove several posts from this thread due to some offensive content and personal attacks.

Please try to keep conversation constructive and civil.

rx7ttlm - The team has been testing in several locations around the world on different surfaces and with differing traction levels. Mario has already alluded to chassis and T-bar options, who knows what other option/tuning parts may be made available at a later date.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 21:46:18 

Its sounds that I just neeed to have the XII when it is released, i dont think that i gone drive faster with the XII then my carpetknife but it is xray. And i like xray :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 08:13:32 

ChrisP wrote:
I have had to remove several posts from this thread due to some offensive content and personal attacks.

Please try to keep conversation constructive and civil.

rx7ttlm - The team has been testing in several locations around the world on different surfaces and with differing traction levels. Mario has already alluded to chassis and T-bar options, who knows what other option/tuning parts may be made available at a later date.

thanks chris.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 01:51:47 

mario wrote:

Mario, we the customer are the ones that keep you in bussiness and make sure you have a job. If we think that a color is ugly(orange/gold) and don't want to buy a car, you should listen.......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 03:46:07 

Timmymontoya wrote:
mario wrote:

Mario, we the customer are the ones that keep you in bussiness and make sure you have a job. If we think that a color is ugly(orange/gold) and don't want to buy a car, you should listen.......

I think you may have misunderstood what Mario was saying (or possibly i did)
I think he was anking a question. Is the link better tan T-Bar or is it a personal preferance thing?
Then he used the "blue/green" thing as an example

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:27:16 

Timmymontoya wrote:
If we think that a color is ugly(orange/gold) and don't want to buy a car, you should listen.......

HUH?
You think if you want different color parts you will get it?
If I buy a car I buy it because I love the quality and how it drives and not how it looks.

You can always wipe the color off with sinkcleaner:
http://www.modelbouwforum.nl/forums/faq ... m-faq.html
(use google translations to translate this dutch howto)