XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 07:03:45

All times are UTC + 2 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: I'm Serious!!!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 04:32:07 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2005 23:03:34
Posts: 730
Location: Canada
Ok XRAY, I've had enough. You need to address the X10 owners that have posted here. I've been told you are watching...well, I say get off your ass and post a response. Even if it's to tell us you don't care about the car and don't plan on making option springs etc. At least then we'll know where you stand and what we'll have to do to make the car competitive against the other brands. We're starting without you anyway using other brand parts, but it would be nice to hear from you.

This is not the customer service we have come to expect from you at all. I'm pissed if you can't tell. Others are frustrated and/or disappointed. To be honest, I'm looking at other brands for the future. Unless issues are addressed soon the X10 Link will be my last Xray purchase.

Please say something. Don't send a lacky to give a general response to try to smooth things over and make us believe you care. We'll believe when we hear from you.

Ryan


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I'm Serious!!!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 16:09:40 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:22:56
Posts: 2497
Location: Trencin, Slovakia
Sorry for your disapointment. XRAY and the entire support team try to answer as many questions & comments as possible but some of the questions may get overlooked and in some cases, like this, there is a no real answer to give. If you find support and service in something particularly not sufficient comparing to the competition please email me with ideas and suggestions what we can improve. I can make you sure that we will always try to find a solution to make things better as possible and feasible.
And at the end I would like to mention the fact we have realized and learned that the micro and GT customers buy their cars to have fun and for bashing. Very few customers get their micro cars and GT cars for real racing. This is the reason why very few owners of the micro cars and GT are looking for set-up sheets. This will probably be also the reason why these customers are not interested to spend some more money on some options. Also in my opinion since these customers buy these cars for fun, they are not interested for "serious" technical talks on online conferences or forums. The touring and off-road drivers are different though which is the reason such forums are popular around the web. And there is nothing we can do about this even if you or us wish.

I consider this topic as closed.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I'm Serious!!!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 16:52:58 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2005 23:03:34
Posts: 730
Location: Canada
It's now good to hear from you that you don't consider the car an actual racer, we pretty much got that from the lack of attention to previous posts.

It sucks that it took me posting the above to finally get an answer.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I'm Serious!!!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 00:19:06 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2005 23:03:34
Posts: 730
Location: Canada
Mario, if you ever find your self in the London ON Canada area come by and check out some SCAR racing...you'll see real pan car racing. PM me and I can give you more details.

Oh, if you need product tester's we actually race over here and we all have our hands up :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I'm Serious!!!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 17:10:51 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 18, 2005 17:45:52
Posts: 2
Mario,

I find your lack of interest in a product you sell quite disturbing. If you can learn anything from the Tech industry, it's no matter how much market research you think you've done, you'll never understand fully what the public can and will do with your products.

I cannot fathom how anyone thats been in this industry as long as XRAY can consider the Pan Car genre a basher class. Any decent pan car chassis given the same power as a top of the line touring car will destroy it on the track. I mean it's not even close! For a quarter the cost you can have a much higher performance car. But maybe therein lies the situation. When you can push out $800.00 Touring cars, why wouldn't you focus all your attention on that...

I'm not at all impressed with your snobbish attitude and even though I'm kicking ass with your X10 right now, I will be moving to a different brand for next year and beyond.

Very sad indeed.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I'm Serious!!!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 23:55:07 
Offline
team driver
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 09:19:12
Posts: 2
Location: USA
Hi Guys!

Well, I may be a bit late to the discussion, but we have continued to work on development of the pan cars with our team. If you want to call us at the shop, we can get you some info and get you in contact with a couple of our racers that have been working on the pan cars for improved tuning and performance.

I know Korgae shared that you had a solid racer turnout up there for the 1/10 pan car class, so maybe our guys can learn a few things from you too!

RC America
214-744-2400


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I'm Serious!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 00:12:22 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 18, 2005 17:45:52
Posts: 2
Many thanks for your post Ralph!

Yes we have an amazing Pro10 field in my local club and there's lots of interest in the XRAY because it's destroying everything else right now. I have made a few tweaks to turn it into a wide pan car and capable of handling the 10.5, 2 cell LiPo and it's been the best pan car I've ever driven.

It irks me that XRAY don't take the class seriously...makes me question why I should promote their product...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I'm Serious!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 00:30:54 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2005 23:03:34
Posts: 730
Location: Canada
Let's cut the crap and get back to what is important...racing & having fun.

Main thing I wanted to know if whether or not Xray would be addressing the issues that had be brought up. Now we know we should just stick to what we have been doing until further notice.

SCAR has seen great racing in this area. This is the most fun I have ever had in RC and the racing is so close. The local X10 drivers will continue to work with what we have to keep Xray at the top of the results standings. We have to keep those CRC cars from fully taking over:twisted:

So, has Xray come up with a very competitive pan car? Yes. Should we keep racing it? Yes. And have fun doing so, because that is what it's all about.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I'm Serious!!!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 02:47:55 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 18:56:07
Posts: 43
Location: London Ontario Canada
Thanks Ralph for the post.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I'm Serious!!!
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 08:42:03 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2010 08:31:22
Posts: 1
yeah right!!
Thankz for your post!!
Really love it!!

Regards!!

___________________
buy gw2 gold


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I'm Serious!!!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 03:59:54 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 20:36:11
Posts: 1
Location: Victoria BC Canada
mario wrote:
Sorry for your disapointment. XRAY and the entire support team try to answer as many questions & comments as possible but some of the questions may get overlooked and in some cases, like this, there is a no real answer to give. If you find support and service in something particularly not sufficient comparing to the competition please email me with ideas and suggestions what we can improve. I can make you sure that we will always try to find a solution to make things better as possible and feasible.
And at the end I would like to mention the fact we have realized and learned that the micro and GT customers buy their cars to have fun and for bashing. Very few customers get their micro cars and GT cars for real racing. This is the reason why very few owners of the micro cars and GT are looking for set-up sheets. This will probably be also the reason why these customers are not interested to spend some more money on some options. Also in my opinion since these customers buy these cars for fun, they are not interested for "serious" technical talks on online conferences or forums. The touring and off-road drivers are different though which is the reason such forums are popular around the web. And there is nothing we can do about this even if you or us wish.

I consider this topic as closed.


I will be in the market for a Pro-10 car in the neer future. I was concidering an X-ray untill I read this post. Sounds to me like there will be little to no support for this car so why would I buy one of the mor expensive cars that has no support???
BTW, how can you bash a pan car? They pretty mutch need carpet or well prepared ashphalt to run on.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I'm Serious!!!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 07:19:54 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2004 05:52:13
Posts: 1354
Location: Trencin, Slovakia
Why you think that there is no support for the pan cars? XRAY always listen to his customers and all parts are very well supported and they are planing more new parts for both pan cars.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I'm Serious!!!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 14:46:54 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2005 23:03:34
Posts: 730
Location: Canada
brano wrote:
Why you think that there is no support for the pan cars? XRAY always listen to his customers and all parts are very well supported and they are planing more new parts for both pan cars.


Part support is fine but we need options. Been asking for them since the car came out...not the Link, the T-bar. We keep hearing they are coming but still no sign of them.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I'm Serious!!!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 23:36:54 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 23:03:01
Posts: 8
Location: Czech republic
I just bought x10 to my collection and i race it now instead of my corally new generation to find the diferences... x10 looks to be very easy to setup and easy to drive... saturday next local race..


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I'm Serious!!!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 23:40:02 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2005 23:03:34
Posts: 730
Location: Canada
troubleRK wrote:
I just bought x10 to my collection and i race it now instead of my corally new generation to find the diferences... x10 looks to be very easy to setup and easy to drive... saturday next local race..


Good luck with the new ride. I really like the X10, even though I give Xray a hard time about the option parts :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 2 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group