XRAY - Model racing cars
http://forum.teamxray.com/

235mm.
http://forum.teamxray.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=11004
Page 1 of 1

Author:  ghiro [ Fri Dec 17, 2010 23:19:21 ]
Post subject:  235mm.

Isn't it about time to think about a 235mm. rear pod/axle convertion?
I would like to think about the X10link as a perfect car to use also in unlimited Pro10 Class,or just for the fun of playing in huge 1/8 tracks at unbelievable speeds without having to worry having a nitro car screaming behind the wing.
I don't really like the idea of using rear hubs to extend the axle because of vibration issues. CRC's are known for the problem when used with low wind motors ,think that doesn't happen to older cars with a wide pod and a perfect sized axle (L2's/10X's).
A revised rear pod allow the use of different size spur gears with the consequence of having the choice of more gear ratios in different pitch.
Am'i wrong ?

Author:  1012luce [ Sat Dec 18, 2010 18:08:18 ]
Post subject:  Re: 235mm.

I hope that Xray lively he supplies to the commercialization of a kit of transformation…. from 200mm to the 235mm

Author:  ghiro [ Sat Dec 18, 2010 23:49:45 ]
Post subject:  Re: 235mm.

As far as i know Pro10 class isn't included in IFMAR/EFRA regulations but 235mm PanCars are widelly supported in Germany,Holland and some other Eu countries.
In Switzerland there's a cathegory in the Swiss SRCCA Championship but the class is limited to 13.5T motors while it could be more intresting racing with faster motors,it's a great step ahead Swiss allowed the cathegory in theyr championship though it's called "Pro10" while it's a mix class between WGT (200mm max width and WGT bodies allowed) and pro10 (2SLipos and 13.5t motors) . In Germany theres a "one of it's own" Championship in wich Pro10's uses mostly low wind motors on large tracks and allow free modification of the chassis (max width allowed is 235mm's/2S,no motor limit/2SLipos) .
On my own X10Link i use sometimes a GM "DoctorSpeed" 12T Delta motor and willing to use a faster ,more powerfull motor like the 6T Delta but i know that the X10 in current form could be way over it's limits with such a powerfull motor only because of the rear axle width and pod. I know many people is intrested in running very fast motors or just getting more ground traction/control with a wider axle/pod. There are also some companies producing 235mm. bodies and the class isn't just left by itself.

Author:  1012luce [ Sat Jan 08, 2011 00:16:20 ]
Post subject:  Re: 235mm.

since it does not think to us l' Xray .....
then thinks the other companies to us!
http://nitrosisters.com/index.php?cat=K ... SISTERS010

Author:  tudor_47 [ Mon Jan 10, 2011 16:27:50 ]
Post subject:  Re: 235mm.

Nice find there!

Author:  ghiro [ Mon Jan 10, 2011 20:35:20 ]
Post subject:  Re: 235mm.

Yes,very good option :wink:
I'm just concerned into axle wobling,hubs extensions aren't any good as an extended axle . . . :| CRC docet =axle flex

Author:  tudor_47 [ Tue Apr 12, 2011 23:09:53 ]
Post subject:  Re: 235mm.

At lajf Racing they are making the front end widening kit to the X10..
http://lajf.se/en/uncategorized/lajf-ra ... 10-pancar/

Lajf Racing now has widening parts for the rear body posts to give a little wider mounting points for wgt bodies in 200mm width and a piece for 235mm wide cars that has the body post mounts even further out. These parts are now in prototyping. check back at http://www.lajf.se as pics will be there as soon as they are in from prototyping.

Author:  tudor_47 [ Mon May 09, 2011 12:19:23 ]
Post subject:  Re: 235mm.

tudor_47 wrote:
At lajf Racing they are making the front end widening kit to the X10..
http://lajf.se/en/uncategorized/lajf-ra ... 10-pancar/

Lajf Racing now has widening parts for the rear body posts to give a little wider mounting points for wgt bodies in 200mm width and a piece for 235mm wide cars that has the body post mounts even further out. These parts are now in prototyping. check back at http://www.lajf.se as pics will be there as soon as they are in from prototyping.


We now have parts for the rear body mount brace, one part is for 235mm cars
and one part is for the WGT cars , it widens the position for the body mount in the rear.
http://lajf.se/en/produktnytt/fler-x10- ... jf-racing/

Author:  Kensei [ Thu Sep 29, 2011 19:02:32 ]
Post subject:  Re: 235mm.

Hi All,

I am also looking for an expansion 235 mm for the X10.
Wouldn't it be an option to use a longer rear axle from another brand, for instance from http://www.teamirsrc.com/?
These are graphite axles. Are they better or worse than the aluminum that XRAY uses?
Anyone any idea if an axle from IRS can be used?
I could buy an expansionset but I am not a fan of bolting hubs on the existing hubs. It could lead to vibrations and damage on axle and spur.
I would rather have an axle that suits the purpose. Maybe someone can help here. Which part number from IRS would b applicable here? Do the rest of the diffparts and hubs of the XRAY X10 Link kit fit an axle from IRS? Or should I buy a complete rear widening set?
Problem is that I than still have no expansion for the frontside of the car.
So I would have to buy an expansion kit for the whole car, that has no axle in it but has wheelhubs in it I am not going to use, and an axle from IRS. But as I see it now that is maybe the only solution. Any ideas?

Greetz,
Kensei

Author:  tudor_47 [ Tue Oct 04, 2011 07:58:37 ]
Post subject:  Re: 235mm.

Kensei wrote:
Hi All,

I am also looking for an expansion 235 mm for the X10.
Wouldn't it be an option to use a longer rear axle from another brand, for instance from http://www.teamirsrc.com/?
These are graphite axles. Are they better or worse than the aluminum that XRAY uses?
Anyone any idea if an axle from IRS can be used?
I could buy an expansionset but I am not a fan of bolting hubs on the existing hubs. It could lead to vibrations and damage on axle and spur.
I would rather have an axle that suits the purpose. Maybe someone can help here. Which part number from IRS would b applicable here? Do the rest of the diffparts and hubs of the XRAY X10 Link kit fit an axle from IRS? Or should I buy a complete rear widening set?
Problem is that I than still have no expansion for the frontside of the car.
So I would have to buy an expansion kit for the whole car, that has no axle in it but has wheelhubs in it I am not going to use, and an axle from IRS. But as I see it now that is maybe the only solution. Any ideas?

Greetz,
Kensei


Kensei,
you can get the front end widening from our shop at http://www.Lajf.se, x10 parts
We have turn buckles incoming to complete our front end kit.
send us an email, info@lajf.se , and we will help you get set up with a wide front end.

using a longer rear axle is something we are working on, it will be difficult to use a long axle without reworking the rear motorpod as the motor is to narrow to support the axle.

In the mean time I am running the CRC widening hubs in the rear and it does work, it is important to have good rear wheels that are round to avoid vibration. I had a set of wheels that did not work, switched to another set and it was good.

/Johnny, Lajf Racing

Author:  Kensei [ Tue Oct 04, 2011 22:44:36 ]
Post subject:  Re: 235mm.

- what about the brace in between the front suspension?
- when do you have the turnbuckles that go with the expansionkit?
- what material is your longer driveshaft going to be of? Knowing that XRay is switching from aluminum to steel.
- how are you going to rework the rear motorpod?

When do you have a 100% complete 235 mm expansionkit for this car?

Author:  tudor_47 [ Wed Oct 05, 2011 20:49:09 ]
Post subject:  Re: 235mm.

Kensei wrote:
- what about the brace in between the front suspension?
- when do you have the turnbuckles that go with the expansionkit?
- what material is your longer driveshaft going to be of? Knowing that XRay is switching from aluminum to steel.
- how are you going to rework the rear motorpod?

When do you have a 100% complete 235 mm expansionkit for this car?

Kensei,
you have mail.

We have a front end widening kit it includes the front end bottom 235, front end support rod 235 and turn buckles for the steering.

for the rear we have the rear brace that makes a more stable mounting of wider bodies.
http://lajf.se/zcshop/index.php?main_pa ... ucts_id=43

for porduct pictures and more information please look at our web pages...
http://lajf.se/en/produktnytt/fler-x10- ... jf-racing/
http://lajf.se/en/uncategorized/lajf-ra ... 10-pancar/

Front end widening kit is now in our shop
http://lajf.se/zcshop/index.php?main_pa ... ucts_id=46

Author:  Kensei [ Fri May 18, 2012 15:11:56 ]
Post subject:  Re: 235mm.

tudor_47 wrote:
Kensei wrote:
- what about the brace in between the front suspension?
- when do you have the turnbuckles that go with the expansionkit?
- what material is your longer driveshaft going to be of? Knowing that XRay is switching from aluminum to steel.
- how are you going to rework the rear motorpod?

When do you have a 100% complete 235 mm expansionkit for this car?

Kensei,
you have mail.

We have a front end widening kit it includes the front end bottom 235, front end support rod 235 and turn buckles for the steering.

for the rear we have the rear brace that makes a more stable mounting of wider bodies.
http://lajf.se/zcshop/index.php?main_pa ... ucts_id=43

for porduct pictures and more information please look at our web pages...
http://lajf.se/en/produktnytt/fler-x10- ... jf-racing/
http://lajf.se/en/uncategorized/lajf-ra ... 10-pancar/

Front end widening kit is now in our shop
http://lajf.se/zcshop/index.php?main_pa ... ucts_id=46


About 7 months later:
any news on the back end of the car?
If not, would be a long axle and hubs from IRS an option?
Would this fit?
http://teamirsrc.com/index.php?main_pag ... ucts_id=64
Any problems with space between hubs and pod?

Would this car be any good for modified racing?

Author:  tudor_47 [ Mon May 21, 2012 08:15:07 ]
Post subject:  Re: 235mm.

Lajf Racing X10 parts are still available in the shop.

We(Lajf Racing) are currently testing the prototype for the rearend, it will be 235mm.
It needs some track testing before we will go ahead with public release of a parts set.

Author:  tudor_47 [ Thu Jul 12, 2012 13:08:34 ]
Post subject:  Re: 235mm.

Lajf Racing 235 rear end is ready!
It has been tested with very good results..

The 235 rear end will be in our shop shortly.

http://www.lajf.se

Author:  Kensei [ Fri Jul 13, 2012 21:39:26 ]
Post subject:  Re: 235mm.

tudor_47 wrote:
Lajf Racing 235 rear end is ready!
It has been tested with very good results..

The 235 rear end will be in our shop shortly.

http://www.lajf.se



It is an IRS axle?
Is it a complete new wider pod?
Is it the XRay dif from the kit?

If it is the XRay dif from the kit can it handle modified motors?
This car was originally designed as WGT car for use of rather slow motors, like 13.5T and 17.5T.

I need a pro10 235mm car for modified racing. Corally 10SL is the way to go I think. It costs €289. Can you top that?
That is the XRay X10 car €225 + your complete kit (front+rear).

Corally 10SL best axle, best dif. Can handle modified motors, as seen at the RC LeMans Series.

Author:  tudor_47 [ Mon Jul 30, 2012 08:14:20 ]
Post subject:  Re: 235mm.

Our rear widening kit is a wider pod to accomodate the 235 axle from IRS. (Axle is not included in the kit)

made from carbon fibre it uses the xray aluminium sides.

http://lajf.se/en/produktnytt/lajf-raci ... m-bakvagn/

The widening kit is in our shop.

Author:  tudor_47 [ Mon Aug 06, 2012 13:08:28 ]
Post subject:  Re: 235mm.

Our front end kit also back in our shop
www.lajf.se

Author:  water960 [ Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:07:56 ]
Post subject:  Re: 235mm.

Can you put a 200 mm wide body on a X10?
Or do you need to modify the chassis?

Author:  dcondax [ Thu Jan 22, 2015 20:56:23 ]
Post subject:  Re: 235mm.

Anybody been using the LAJF conversion kit?

How is the manufacturing? Fit? Alignment? Quality of the manufacturing?

Anything missing to complete an X10 235 mm conversion?

User feedback and experience on this product would be most welcome!

Have a beautiful day everybody!

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC + 2 hours
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/