XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 07:08:56

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 533 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
 Post subject: Re: Q&A with Paul Lemieux
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 23:12:16 
team driver

Nathan Wilson wrote:
Thanks Paul, i have put the diff in as that was my next point of call ive used 500,000 cst oil is that correct? my other thoughts was maybe 2deg caster blocks at the front? ive noticed alex etc have been running softer springs/oil in the front but also using ant dive i take it this is for similar reasons but using the anti dive to stop the car rolling/front compressing to much to much?

Thanks

I would shy away from the 2deg caster. 500K in the front diff is too soft. 1million cst is the softest i would run. I am using 2.5million cst silicone in my car. Gravity Rc sells 2.5 million.

Thanks

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 00:28:47 

Hello Paul, after testing the car we noticed that the output of the gas is very unusual curved sobrevirador.Fear put the asphalt factory setup minus differential in the lowest position

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 19:35:04 
team driver

Paper wrote:
Hello Paul, after testing the car we noticed that the output of the gas is very unusual curved sobrevirador.Fear put the asphalt factory setup minus differential in the lowest position

HI. Can you elaborate for me a bit.

Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 00:53:20 

Hi paul the car is fine but is very oversteer on corner exits acelerando.La asphalt track is technical and half-bajo.El grip that I set up is the standard asphalt

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 21:05:25 

Paper wrote:
Hi paul the car is fine but is very oversteer on corner exits acelerando.La asphalt track is technical and half-bajo.El grip that I set up is the standard asphalt

Hi Paul, the car is fine but it oversteers on corner exit while accelerating. The asphalt track is technical but with "mid-low" grip. I'm using the standard asphalt setup.

^^Hope that helps you, Paul.

I won't even try to fix the other paragraph... :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 21:18:32 
team driver

Paper wrote:

Hi. First i would try standing up the rear shocks, then possibly move some weight on the chassis forward. those two things should help.

Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 00:33:19 

Hi Paul I have been suffering a similar problem on carpet and lay the shocks down which seemed to improve the car but that could of been grip coming up or controlling the oversteer. Is your advice to make the car roll less? Or any other reason?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 01:22:10 

Ok thanks paul proves it

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 01:02:11 
team driver

beale wrote:
Hi Paul I have been suffering a similar problem on carpet and lay the shocks down which seemed to improve the car but that could of been grip coming up or controlling the oversteer. Is your advice to make the car roll less? Or any other reason?

Standing up the rear shocks will make the rear of the car roll less, but more important the position of the upper shock (wider) controls the weight transfer over the rear, so 99% of the time the car will be more stable under power with the rear shocks more upright. on carpet TC I always feel that with low grip my car has the balance of more steering (less rear grip) when traction gets higher, my car always drives more stable.

Thanks

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 09:50:39 

Hi Paul,

I am a little new to this so bare with me .

I have an Xray T4 with a Tekin RS ESC , I am looking to run a 17.5 blinky class at my local track .

However I am looking into getting the ThunderPower Z3R 17.5 motor .

I am just wondering if a 4.0 - 4.5 FDR would be good with that motor ?

And also what should my base timing be to start with ?

I just need some input on this as I have not had any lucky with the past 2 motor's that have been in my Xray ....Just looking to get into something that will allow me to enjoy the car and start practicing my driving with a reliable setup.

Let me know what you suggest

Thanks in advance
Will,

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 20:39:17 
team driver

yunowill wrote:
Hi Paul,

I have an Xray T4 with a Tekin RS ESC , I am looking to run a 17.5 blinky class at my local track .

I just need some input on this as I have not had any lucky with the past 2 motor's that have been in my Xray ....Just looking to get into something that will allow me to enjoy the car and start practicing my driving with a reliable setup.

Thanks in advance
Will,

Hi Will. for a 100ft straight i would suggest a 4.0 ratio with 30deg timing to start. the optional rotors could be a option once you get going. i would try the green rotor. for a straight 80ft or under i would start at 4.2 ratio. for temp 175-190deg is where you want to be after 5 min. I would also suggest a fan on the motor.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:42:41 

Paul LeMieux wrote:
yunowill wrote:
Hi Paul,

Thanks in advance
Will,

Hi Will. for a 100ft straight i would suggest a 4.0 ratio with 30deg timing to start. the optional rotors could be a option once you get going. i would try the green rotor. for a straight 80ft or under i would start at 4.2 ratio. for temp 175-190deg is where you want to be after 5 min. I would also suggest a fan on the motor.

Thanks!

Hi Paul ,

Thanks for the reply I went out with my T4 last night with the new motor and loved it .

Had a 4.0 FDR and was getting 130-160 deg . 35deg timing ,

No complaints with the Thunder Power motor .

Now I am just waiting on my other T4 to come in for my "MOD" car lol .

Any suggestions on a good "MOD" motor . I think I want another Thunder Power motor for that too .

Thanks again
Will,

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 23:23:11 
team driver

yunowill wrote:
Paul LeMieux wrote:
yunowill wrote:
Hi Paul,

Thanks in advance
Will,

Thanks!

Hi Paul ,

Thanks for the reply I went out with my T4 last night with the new motor and loved it .

Had a 4.0 FDR and was getting 130-160 deg . 35deg timing ,

No complaints with the Thunder Power motor .

Now I am just waiting on my other T4 to come in for my "MOD" car lol .

Any suggestions on a good "MOD" motor . I think I want another Thunder Power motor for that too .

Thanks again
Will,

Hi Will. You cant go wrong with the Thunderpower 4.5T. The rotor that it comes with is exactly what you need, start it about a 8.3 overall and 15deg of timing. Good luck! Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 13:33:31 

Hi paul,

is it possible to have to much rear grip/to much steering lock, i was racing yesterday (on carpet) and the car felt good to a point but when i went round the corner at the bottom of the straight it kind of felt like that as i turned in the car "kinked" and dug in. From track to track do you change your steering rate or do you always have maximum available?

Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 08:16:50 

Hi Paul,

Does the T4 basic asphalt set up works for T3 2011/12 :?:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 03:38:48 

Paul,

Do use the X-ray battery strap or tape ? Also do u have any pic of your ?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 19:18:29 
team driver

Nathan Wilson wrote:
Hi paul,

is it possible to have to much rear grip/to much steering lock, i was racing yesterday (on carpet) and the car felt good to a point but when i went round the corner at the bottom of the straight it kind of felt like that as i turned in the car "kinked" and dug in. From track to track do you change your steering rate or do you always have maximum available?

Thanks

Hi Nathan, I always use full steering throw, on a given track i may only use full throw throw once or twice a lap though, if my car is pushing bad i will use full throw in most corners. If the car is pushing i will always try to add steering to the front before i make a adjustment to the rear to make it steer. For instance i would increase front camber to get steering before i would take away rear toe.
Hope that helps a bit.

Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 19:20:45 
team driver

YAH88 wrote:
Hi Paul,

Does the T4 basic asphalt set up works for T3 2011/12 :?:

Honestly i dont know, I wish i could go back and try it. Im sure it would depend on the track though.
if you try it please let me know.

Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 19:23:54 
team driver

yodace wrote:
Paul,

Do use the X-ray battery strap or tape ? Also do u have any pic of your ?

I typically use servo tape but if you don't have a specific kind it will fly out during crashes. between tape and the xray strap i don't think it will make a huge handling difference. Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 18:37:12 

Hi Paul
On the 16second track without lap timer, can you feel if your car is going 1 second slower or faster?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 533 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next