XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 01:15:33

All times are UTC + 2 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 533 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Q&A with Paul Lemieux
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 11:45:52 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2005 12:48:40
Posts: 1340
Location: Windsor, UK
Jefry Yap wrote:
Mr.lemieux

first sorry for my bad english :oops:
i have a question to ask.... i buy alu shock absorber set for my xray t3 2012.
the thing i want to ask is what hole piston i should use 2 hole or 3 hole for front and rear?
and what diameter hole i should use 1.0 - 1.1 - 1.2 front amd rear?
the last thing what shock oil is the best combination for me?

my track condition is carpet with medium grip.lenght 30 metre widht 16 metre

Thx for your time.


Most of Alex Hagbergs setups use the 3*1.1mm pistons (carpet and asphalt)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Q&A with Paul Lemieux
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 18:48:23 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 22, 2012 22:01:35
Posts: 2
Skiddins wrote:
Jefry Yap wrote:
Mr.lemieux

first sorry for my bad english :oops:
i have a question to ask.... i buy alu shock absorber set for my xray t3 2012.
the thing i want to ask is what hole piston i should use 2 hole or 3 hole for front and rear?
and what diameter hole i should use 1.0 - 1.1 - 1.2 front amd rear?
the last thing what shock oil is the best combination for me?

my track condition is carpet with medium grip.lenght 30 metre widht 16 metre

Thx for your time.


Most of Alex Hagbergs setups use the 3*1.1mm pistons (carpet and asphalt)


thx mr.Skiddins!! :D

i will build the shock now

thx you so much


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Q&A with Paul Lemieux
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 22:49:17 
Offline
team driver
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 00:35:57
Posts: 262
Location: USA
Jefry Yap wrote:
Skiddins wrote:
Jefry Yap wrote:
Mr.lemieux

first sorry for my bad english :oops:
i have a question to ask.... i buy alu shock absorber set for my xray t3 2012.
the thing i want to ask is what hole piston i should use 2 hole or 3 hole for front and rear?
and what diameter hole i should use 1.0 - 1.1 - 1.2 front amd rear?
the last thing what shock oil is the best combination for me?

my track condition is carpet with medium grip.lenght 30 metre widht 16 metre

Thx for your time.


Most of Alex Hagbergs setups use the 3*1.1mm pistons (carpet and asphalt)


thx mr.Skiddins!! :D

i will build the shock now

thx you so much



Hi. Sorry that I missed your question for so long. Many recent travels for me. Skiddins is correct.

Thanks for the help Skiddins


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Q&A with Paul Lemieux
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 21:24:33 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2008 00:52:37
Posts: 41
Location: Russia, Moscow
Hello!
Paul, please tell us more about your setup on the warm up.
We all read your comments on the setup sheet, but still want to detail.
Have you used the New servo mount 306220??
whether we understand what you tried to shift the center of gravity is slightly to the rear of the model?
Why? What was the result?
whether we understand that the downstop 4 front and 4.5 rear?
do you use 0.5mm shims under all lower suspension blocks
with 2 мм chassis in this set up?
Do you use ESC in front?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Q&A with Paul Lemieux
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 16:59:26 
Offline
team driver
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 00:35:57
Posts: 262
Location: USA
Butuzov Alexey wrote:
Hello!
Paul, please tell us more about your setup on the warm up.
We all read your comments on the setup sheet, but still want to detail.
Have you used the New servo mount 306220??
whether we understand what you tried to shift the center of gravity is slightly to the rear of the model?
Why? What was the result?
whether we understand that the downstop 4 front and 4.5 rear?
do you use 0.5mm shims under all lower suspension blocks
with 2 мм chassis in this set up?
Do you use ESC in front?



Hi.
I did not use the servo mount but i do think the servo mount is good, i will be building a nother car for the WC which will have the servo mount.

I moved weight back in the car for more steering, this also helped cut down on the front tire wear and have better rear roll.

I used the 2mm chassis with low roll center in the rear. in the front i used the low blocks in the front and the mid blocks in the rear for .75mm's of anti dive.

Yes i did ecs's in the front, for the race i used 52mm but in A3 and practice after the race i tested with 50mm and thought that the car may have been better.

Thanks


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Q&A with Paul Lemieux
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 23:34:10 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 21:09:18
Posts: 3
What chassis thickness is the team using now?

What might be the benefit using one over another?

Look forward to your response!

Thanksl

Matt


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Q&A with Paul Lemieux
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 19:32:56 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 02:20:20
Posts: 3
hi, i ordered my t3 12 2mm chassis and 1.6mm topdeck today, just wondered whether you have to put 0.5mm shims under all bulkheads or just under the suspension mounts??? i also have 1 piece front rear mount. Do you set car up any different or just start with +- 0 roll centers??? Running 13.5 on sorex rubber, asphalt
help help help would be great
thanks


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Q&A with Paul Lemieux
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 23:23:30 
Offline
team driver
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 00:35:57
Posts: 262
Location: USA
Quincy wrote:
What chassis thickness is the team using now?

What might be the benefit using one over another?

Look forward to your response!

Thanksl

Matt



Hi Matt. At the Worlds Alex and i both used the 2mm chassis with the 2mm top deck. Normally i feel like a thicker or stiffer car has more steering but could be less consistent. That being said though too soft a chassis could result in a inconsistent handling car as well. on the 12 car i preferred either the 2.5mm chassis with the 1.6mm top deck or the 2mm chassis with the 2mm top deck. The thick chassis and thin deck was still a little stiffer than the thin chassis and thicker top deck.

In reality i never really have a feel on the track for when my car really needs a stiffer or softer chassis though. I just have the idea for it if lets say I know my chassis is super soft and my car kinda pushes but would do weird things under high load corners.

Thanks


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Q&A with Paul Lemieux
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 23:32:05 
Offline
team driver
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 00:35:57
Posts: 262
Location: USA
Kosmic wrote:
hi, i ordered my t3 12 2mm chassis and 1.6mm topdeck today, just wondered whether you have to put 0.5mm shims under all bulkheads or just under the suspension mounts??? i also have 1 piece front rear mount. Do you set car up any different or just start with +- 0 roll centers??? Running 13.5 on sorex rubber, asphalt
help help help would be great
thanks


If you want to keep everything the exact same except for chassis flex you would technically have to shim everything, if you want to cheat it you could just run .5mm higher ride height to test it. or you can shim nothing leave your ride height and just know that your entire car except the suspension corners is .5mms lower.
So i guess it depends on what you are looking to test, you will get a result any way you do it. but depending on how you apply it, the roll centers could make the difference but your chassis flex might get the credit, vice-versa etc etc.

as for the one piece sus mounts i don't change the set up for them.

Thanks


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Q&A with Paul Lemieux
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 16:52:29 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 19:23:22
Posts: 7
Hey Paul, I have one question for you. I have a T3 2012 (17.5 Blinky setup) that's been dialed in perfectly for running on the carpet at Mike's Hobby Shop. Three weeks from now I plan to race this car at the Finals of Texas EOS in Porter, TX. The Porter track is designed for 1/8 scale on-road and it has wider lanes, larger diameter turns, and a 200+ foot long back straight. My T3 '12 has a Reedy Sonic 17.5 and a Tekin RS Pro. For carpet racing my motor has a 45T pinion and the car has a 96T spur, so my FDR is near 4.0. I am thinking about putting in a bigger pinion gear in for the Porter race. How big is too big when it comes to pinion gears?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Q&A with Paul Lemieux
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 18:28:30 
Offline
team driver
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 00:35:57
Posts: 262
Location: USA
rcsweetness wrote:
Hey Paul, I have one question for you. I have a T3 2012 (17.5 Blinky setup) that's been dialed in perfectly for running on the carpet at Mike's Hobby Shop. Three weeks from now I plan to race this car at the Finals of Texas EOS in Porter, TX. The Porter track is designed for 1/8 scale on-road and it has wider lanes, larger diameter turns, and a 200+ foot long back straight. My T3 '12 has a Reedy Sonic 17.5 and a Tekin RS Pro. For carpet racing my motor has a 45T pinion and the car has a 96T spur, so my FDR is near 4.0. I am thinking about putting in a bigger pinion gear in for the Porter race. How big is too big when it comes to pinion gears?


Hi. I assume that you are talking 17.5 blinky. Yes for mikes a 3.7-4.0 ratio is good. for Porter i would say that you will need to gear more like 3.3-3.5 to get good speed. you will have to get a smaller spur to get down their. i don't think a 96/53 will fit. If 96/45 fits now a 88/48 should fit, and that would get you down around that 3.3-3.5 range. If you are talking boosted 17.5 we are talking a whole different ball game, don't try and boost that ratio.

Thanks


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Q&A with Paul Lemieux
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:35:56 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 19:39:37
Posts: 11
Location: UK
Paul LeMieux wrote:
Coach-Z wrote:
Paul, you refer me to an online shop in Europe that sells your own traction compound mix, the LG1 and LG2?



Regards
Anders


Quote:
Hi, I dont think that any euro on line shopps have it in stock. The only on line shop that i know of that you could order it from today is Nexxus racing. Sorry.




There is now a distributor in Europe that sells LG1 & LG2 as well as Paul's other products.
12th foam, foam scrubbing board etc.

http://www.team-powers.co.uk

We use the LG1 & LG2 on the UK asphalt tracks own it's own or in 2 stage additive set ups!
Hope this helps


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Q&A with Paul Lemieux
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 04:13:14 
Offline
team driver
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 00:35:57
Posts: 262
Location: USA
Baker010 wrote:
Paul LeMieux wrote:
Coach-Z wrote:
Paul, you refer me to an online shop in Europe that sells your own traction compound mix, the LG1 and LG2?



Regards
Anders


Quote:
Hi, I dont think that any euro on line shopps have it in stock. The only on line shop that i know of that you could order it from today is Nexxus racing. Sorry.




There is now a distributor in Europe that sells LG1 & LG2 as well as Paul's other products.
12th foam, foam scrubbing board etc.

http://www.team-powers.co.uk

We use the LG1 & LG2 on the UK asphalt tracks own it's own or in 2 stage additive set ups!
Hope this helps



Yes, Thank you :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Q&A with Paul Lemieux
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 23:39:08 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 17:52:47
Posts: 25
Hi guys & girls

Is there any settings available for the T4's new shocks as I cant find any & cant really go by the T3 set up book as the T3's use the holes system & not the

3 holes 1.0 / 1.1 & 1.2
4 holes 1.0 / 1.2 & 1.2

Please help in this matter

Best Regards Colin


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Q&A with Paul Lemieux
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 17:03:45 
Offline
team driver
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 00:35:57
Posts: 262
Location: USA
colin05011981 wrote:
Hi guys & girls

Is there any settings available for the T4's new shocks as I cant find any & cant really go by the T3 set up book as the T3's use the holes system & not the

3 holes 1.0 / 1.1 & 1.2
4 holes 1.0 / 1.2 & 1.2

Please help in this matter

Best Regards Colin


Hi Colin. sorry for the delay, I also PMed you but forgot to specify the hole sizes. i would start with 3hole 1.1 450 in front and 4hole 1.1 450 in the rear. we will be learning more in the coming weeks as we do more testing withe the production shocks.

Thanks


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Q&A with Paul Lemieux
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 15:21:59 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 03:44:12
Posts: 8
Hi Paul

I wonder if you could help me. I have a Xray T4 and i'm having a problem witch keeps happening. I've been making most of the A main finals in major events. but i'm having a problem with the car loosing cornering speed in tight chicanes & hairpins when the grip comes up.My car is excellent in low grip conditions but when the grip comes up the car gets slow and lap times start to drop. i know its because the grip has come up, that the car is stopping in tight corners. How can i maintain cornering speed or dial out the grip with out loosing to much grip please help thank you


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Q&A with Paul Lemieux
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 18:22:35 
Offline
team driver
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 00:35:57
Posts: 262
Location: USA
Colin G wrote:
Hi Paul

I wonder if you could help me. I have a Xray T4 and i'm having a problem witch keeps happening. I've been making most of the A main finals in major events. but i'm having a problem with the car loosing cornering speed in tight chicanes & hairpins when the grip comes up.My car is excellent in low grip conditions but when the grip comes up the car gets slow and lap times start to drop. i know its because the grip has come up, that the car is stopping in tight corners. How can i maintain cornering speed or dial out the grip with out loosing to much grip please help thank you



Hi Collin. i replied to your PM. if you can post or send me a link from your most current set up that would be great.

Thanks!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Q&A with Paul Lemieux
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:05:00 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 14:57:42
Posts: 27
Hi Paul/others

During racing this week i was experiencing issues and was wondering if you could provide suggesitons. Its a small indoor track, on the tight hairpins at the end of the main straight and longer straights i was struggling with the car pushing and having to brake to get the car round so i was loosing lots of corenering speed. But then in the sweeping corners it would also push if to fast but then if i let off power the car would come round on me. info XRAY T4 450 oil front and back, 2.7 F 2.5 R springs, 1.5 camber all round, 1 deg toe out on front. Highish roll centre set up i.e medium length links front and rear. 1mm inner and outer spacer on links at front. no space on inner and 4mm outer at rear. 2000 cst oil in rear diff.

Hope this is enough information

Thanks


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Q&A with Paul Lemieux
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 19:04:10 
Offline
team driver
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 00:35:57
Posts: 262
Location: USA
Nathan Wilson wrote:
Hi Paul/others

During racing this week i was experiencing issues and was wondering if you could provide suggesitons. Its a small indoor track, on the tight hairpins at the end of the main straight and longer straights i was struggling with the car pushing and having to brake to get the car round so i was loosing lots of corenering speed. But then in the sweeping corners it would also push if to fast but then if i let off power the car would come round on me. info XRAY T4 450 oil front and back, 2.7 F 2.5 R springs, 1.5 camber all round, 1 deg toe out on front. Highish roll centre set up i.e medium length links front and rear. 1mm inner and outer spacer on links at front. no space on inner and 4mm outer at rear. 2000 cst oil in rear diff.

Hope this is enough information

Thanks


Hi Nathan. Its kinda hard to pin point without seeing the car. I have been doing lately to give my car really good steering, first i have been using a gear diff in the front, this seems to give the car better turn in and rotation in the center of the corner. also i have been using soft springs front and rear 2.3 so the car really has relly nice roll. the only problem with running such a soft spring in the front is that the front of the chassis can drag then actually push, to eliminate that i have been using 5.5mm ride height all around. this is the first thing that i would try, then we can go from their.

Thanks


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Q&A with Paul Lemieux
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 20:54:42 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 14:57:42
Posts: 27
Thanks Paul, i have put the diff in as that was my next point of call ive used 500,000 cst oil is that correct? my other thoughts was maybe 2deg caster blocks at the front? ive noticed alex etc have been running softer springs/oil in the front but also using ant dive i take it this is for similar reasons but using the anti dive to stop the car rolling/front compressing to much to much?

Thanks


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 533 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

All times are UTC + 2 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group