XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 07:14:58

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1039 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 52  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 18:36:33 

WheelNut wrote:
I don't know what you guys are doing, but I just dremeled a tiny flat spot on all of my pins, cleaned them with motor spray, then used blue loctite on them. I let them set for about 2 days though, but after 2 45 Amains plus a few hours of practice those pins haven't budged.

I've said the same thing alllllllllll along...................
This is still a hobby, building these things and such.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 20:25:22 

Hello Guys I have had my XT8 since they came out and have no problem with any drive train. I ground a small notch in pin and used red loctite on set screw. My pins have not moved at all. I also run the Sportwerks CVD rubber boots all the way around. I use dryice lube on my CVD, clean them out after every weekend and relube and put boots back on. This is a very nice truggy, handles the best out of all truggies that I have ran or owned.

Post subject: Screws Quality
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 01:00:50 

Just wanted to disagree with the person about the screw quality of the kit. I think the best of all Xray products but the screws could be better. I use only HUDY tools and when I build a XRAY car I only use stainless steel screw kits from RC Screwz. Now the stainless steel screws should be softer but actually they are not. Not trying to dog the kit but the screws could be better. To all of the XRAY engineers keep up the good work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 00:22:16 

Just picked up my kits

XB8 EC & XT8

Whats peoples thoughts on the composite braces on both are they strong enough to run or get the alloy braces ???

How do the "e" clips work on the truggy or just get the captured hinge kit from the buggy and put it on ???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 01:19:20 

The composite braces work fine. There was only one local instance so far of an e-clip coming off and the hinge pin coming out in an A main. Definitely a good upgrade down the road :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 01:34:30 

TheRcShack wrote:
The composite braces work fine. There was only one local instance so far of an e-clip coming off and the hinge pin coming out in an A main. Definitely a good upgrade down the road :)

exactly what he said! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 01:35:28 

Are CVD rubber boots all the same no matter what company I get them from???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 01:39:03 

Thats a tricky question.. RC8's are different from the Dynamite ones. What car and what brand boots are you looking at?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 01:39:18 

gtsum wrote:
TheRcShack wrote:

exactly what he said! :lol:

Cheers guys was just used to seeing alloy ones from my last truck and couldent believe it when i opened up the box.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 01:40:57 

HulkRay wrote:
Are CVD rubber boots all the same no matter what company I get them from???

depends...if you want some for the front and rear driveshafts, get the GKM CVD comdoms for the 8t..they are a pain to get on, but they are thick, and will NOT come off or tear. If you are looking for some for the outdrives (by the wheels), I use the sportwerks ones and they are still on there after about 2 gallons of track time..I never could get the front ones to stay on there (through the C hub and all)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 01:43:31 

Where did you find the GKM CVD comdoms ? I was looking to stock those :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 01:43:35 

And the thing about these boots is for??? To stay clean?? for the pins does not come off??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 01:47:40 

Slight typo there...should read GMK....here is their site:

http://www.gmksupply.com/

Of course, any online hobby shop has them as well..

Two things - they keep the gunk out of the CVD's, which means less wear and tear, and they will keep the pins in, if the grub screw comes loose

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 20:07:16 

MDJammin -

This will be interesting to see what others think (read, more experience then I have!). First off, I would suspect your loose rear to be from the lipo (less weight) and the Radical 28 :lol: . But, regarding the camber links...basically, a shorter link will have more camber gain throughout the suspension movement. I run my rear link on the outside hub hole as it makes the truck more foregiving imo. I ran it with a shorter link once (middle hole on the hub) and it was a little more aggressive, but to me, the back end would come around a LOT easier going through a turn..if it did not come around on me, I was generally faster through that turn, but it was too unpredictable...I am a decent driver (a mains 90% of the time), but I do not think I am good enough to run the truck set up like that (being set up for more responsive handling, etc)....I am interested to hear what others think as well on this

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 00:36:17 

Hi peeps,

Just after peoples opinions does the captured hinge pin set of the TQ/EC slow the truggy down, I have ordered the parts to convert but don't want to start mix and matching parts from other brands to get captured hinge pins.

Has anyone done the conversion and if so what was your thoughts....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 03:26:08 

I put mine together with all the captured pin holders straight out of the box. I had a spare set for my EC and used those. I do not feel that it is going to slow you down in any way. As far as that goes ever since I have done mine that way and others have drove it, I have sold them all the captured Items also. Plus it is so much easier to do quick fine tunning to your truggy with the captured items. Good luck with your truggy and if you need any setup help drop me a pm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 03:32:52 

cheers stomper

Post subject: xt8 tank
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 07:51:17 

Hello All, I noticed my cracked tank. Where can I get one? I noticed that the ones available are the 120cc. Do mugen fit? Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 21:33:18 

gtsum: I re-setup my truck the last few nights and made some much needed changes to calm the truck down. I threw the Red Jammin springs on there and went to 50f/40r for shock oils. Hope its not to mushy with the 4x1.5 pistons. Feels a little soft, but I can change mid race if needed or during practice.

I lengthened the camber links all the way out and laid the shocks down a notch. Then I rebuilt the center diff with 7K instead of 10K and will hope this makes the truck much more calm.

The Xray book says the front camber links will make the car react faster and the rear camber links being shorter would make the car less stable but would have more grip in the turns. So, I'm thinking the longer links in the rear will help with turnin and stability, but might be a little loose coming out of the turn. I'm hoping the center diff at 7K and softer 4 corners will help compensate for that. If not, I'll adjust the roll centers.

Looks like I'm going to the Buck, PA instead of Awsome. My wife cut my day short for the drive down to VA so I gotta stick with XRC this weekend.

If you get a chance, come up to Nuclear for the MD/VA Part III race on November 10th. You'd like the track for sure!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 04:26:38 

MDJammin wrote:
gtsum: I re-setup my truck the last few nights and made some much needed changes to calm the truck down. I threw the Red Jammin springs on there and went to 50f/40r for shock oils. Hope its not to mushy with the 4x1.5 pistons. Feels a little soft, but I can change mid race if needed or during practice.

I lengthened the camber links all the way out and laid the shocks down a notch. Then I rebuilt the center diff with 7K instead of 10K and will hope this makes the truck much more calm.

The Xray book says the front camber links will make the car react faster and the rear camber links being shorter would make the car less stable but would have more grip in the turns. So, I'm thinking the longer links in the rear will help with turnin and stability, but might be a little loose coming out of the turn. I'm hoping the center diff at 7K and softer 4 corners will help compensate for that. If not, I'll adjust the roll centers.

Looks like I'm going to the Buck, PA instead of Awsome. My wife cut my day short for the drive down to VA so I gotta stick with XRC this weekend.

If you get a chance, come up to Nuclear for the MD/VA Part III race on November 10th. You'd like the track for sure!!

Jammin - sounds like you are on the right track with the changes you are trying...let us know how it goes. I was up at Awesome today for some tuning and practice...too bad you cannot make it, but I am planning on getting up to Nuclear next weekend for the big shootout race. I also think I need me some heavier shock oils...I am running xray 800, but need a little heavier with the new shocks..I will see how it goes tomorrow! Good luck this weekend!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1039 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 52  Next