XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Sat Oct 19, 2019 07:11:11

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Xray loyalist?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 23:19:10 

I currently own an LST by Team Losi and the Team Losi XXX-S G+. However, a friend of mine recently purchased the Xray T1 Factory kit and I got a chance to drive it and I was blown away by its handling. I'm convinced I will own at the very least one of Team Xrays vehicles. I'm not much into buggys but judging by what I have read and how the sedan handles I definitely am considering the XB8 as my next vehicle. Does this make me bad? I thought I was a Losi loyal, but I'm starting to change... :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 13:54:58 

Doesn't make you bad at all, just sensible. I've always thought brand loyalty for just loyalty's sake is the most foolish behavior I've ever seen.

I'm a long time Xray owner because their products perform at the highest levels and the quality is unparalleled. As long as that continues, so will I continue to purchase Xray products. Should that change, then my purchasing habbits would change.

Funny, I know of one guy in particular, who by coincidence, is a staunch Losi fan. He would, and does, purchase only Losi products for no other reason than that they are Losi - he doesn't even have to see, drive, or know anything about the vehicle, but it's made by Losi so he buys it. I just don't understand that way of thinking. This has nothing to do with Losi or any other manufacturer, you find these type of people all over.

One thing is for sure, pick up any Xray product from the full blown 1/8 scale XB8 all the way down to the M18 and you will find consistent quality and workmanship.

So give in to your desire and buy that T1FK and if you don't like it, I will buy it from you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 19:46:07 

Way ahead of you. I purchased an M18 this weekend to get another sample. My main deter into this company is the fact that its out the states and parts could be scarce. I will let you know what I think in about a week or two after the rain goes down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 18:46:51 

califax wrote:
Way ahead of you. I purchased an M18 this weekend to get another sample. My main deter into this company is the fact that its out the states and parts could be scarce. I will let you know what I think in about a week or two after the rain goes down.

With the new XRAY USA representative you will not to worry about spares anymore. I am more than confident that RCA will take XRAY customer serivce to a whole new level, so what you get at the end is first rate European quality XRAY products combined with first rate US customer service, a flare combination.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 19:30:14 

The fact that Schumacher is in the UK is the main reason I will never purchase any of their products. If I can't find parts for them or get in a reasonable period of time if not find them at a local hobby shop there is no reason to waste your time and money. I understand XRAY is moving to the U.S and one of my local hobby shops is carrying plenty of their parts.

Post subject: Re: Xray loyalist?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 17:26:24 

califax wrote:
I currently own an LST by Team Losi and the Team Losi XXX-S G+. However, a friend of mine recently purchased the Xray T1 Factory kit and I got a chance to drive it and I was blown away by its handling. I'm convinced I will own at the very least one of Team Xrays vehicles. I'm not much into buggys but judging by what I have read and how the sedan handles I definitely am considering the XB8 as my next vehicle. Does this make me bad? I thought I was a Losi loyal, but I'm starting to change... :?

Sir, unless you got your toys for free, there is no single reasons you can't choose what you wanted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 01:18:47 

mario wrote:
With the new XRAY USA representative you will not to worry about spares anymore. I am more than confident that RCA will take XRAY customer serivce to a whole new level, so what you get at the end is first rate European quality XRAY products combined with first rate US customer service, a flare combination.

I sure hope so. My LHS nearly dropped XRay altogether because of the previous situation with the US XRay supplier. Waiting months for parts was not unusual for them. It was as if California was another country trying to get parts (I'm on the other side of the Bay from califax). If it wasn't for the M18 they would not carry XRay at all. They do not have any Serpent parts nor kits in their shop currently.

As for owner loyalty, when I got into RC I foolishly only bought HPI. At the time I was so blinded by what I thought was good design and quality that I did not look any further. Now, I would not buy any of their products and am trying to sell a few. I will keep some of the cars that I have from them but everything else from them is for sale.

I am not trying to show any loyalty towards XRay but I do own four cars from them (T1 original, T1 original converted mostly to T1R for parking lot racing, M18, and XB8). I own Kyosho, Traxxas, Tamiya, HPI, and Losi cars as well (27 cars total).